I have been having problems with my battery (another story for another time) so I decided that the problem may be the firmware. I was running the official Blackberry OS 5 from O2 UK and I then downgraded it to OS 4.6 with the intentions of then upgrading it again to OS 5.0. I then plugged it into Desktop Manager but it said there wasn't any updates available. I then tried downloading the OS from the site and loaded it but it also said there wasn't any updates available for my BlackBerry.

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on the O2-UK network currently running BlackBerry OS 4.6.1.314
    10-12-10 05:20 PM
    I have been having problems with my battery (another story for another time) so I decided that the problem may be the firmware. I was running the official Blackberry OS 5 from O2 UK and I then downgraded it to OS 4.6 with the intentions of then upgrading it again to OS 5.0. I then plugged it into Desktop Manager but it said there wasn't any updates available. I then tried downloading the OS from the site and loaded it but it also said there wasn't any updates available for my BlackBerry.

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on the O2-UK network currently running BlackBerry OS 4.6.1.314
    Right, I'm new to the forum, but have been hovering around for AGES, so have a guess to what's going on.

When you got your phone, did it come with OS 4.6, or 5.0? If 4.6, and you upgraded to 5.0, you'll probably have OS 5.0 still on your computer, which would explain why there isn't a new OS to download. Therefore, I'd guess you just need to locate it and upgrade using Apploader.

I'm probably wrong, but hey, it's my best shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 02:39 PM
    The above poster is correct, but if you had an issue with your first version of 5.0, I would delete all old versions of OS's off your computer, and redownload. I would then follow the instructions below on updating with apploaded instead of dm.

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ting-system-os

Welcome to the forums, both of you.
    10-13-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD