I'm new to my BB, but I never had to wait so long just to view the pictures in my old phone. It's embarrassing to show someone pictures and then have to wait for 45 seconds for them to come up in my media file. What am I doing wrong. They are regular sized pictures taken on my phone and so far I only have 4! What the heck! Also, my BB freezes very often, but that's a whole different issue.

Thanks for any advise!

Crystal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:08 PM
    Anything to do with pictures on my Curve takes forever. Sending, mailing, taking, showing. No clue as to why, but you're not alone.
    11-06-08 12:47 AM
    Yea,same here unfortunately. Hopefully RIM will release an update to correct this issue.

11-06-08 01:08 AM
    Doing anything with pictures at the most is a one or two second delay.

11-06-08 01:17 AM
    No memory, rubbish processor... That's why. Yet I still love this phone....

11-06-08 05:42 AM
    I began having this same problem after upgrading to 4.5. Before that it was a very short delay, but now it takes 15 seconds or more to open up the pictures from my media card.
    11-06-08 06:07 AM
    Yeah, I am swimming right next to you all on this issue. I have found that scrolling through while, moving the cursor over the pics (kinda rubbing them with Cursor) seems to help them come into view a little bit faster for me. Other than that I don't know any other way besides more RAM and Processor speed. Still love my Berry eventhough....

11-06-08 07:21 AM
    To all posts what size are your pictures on the memory card?

That could have allot to do with it....
    11-06-08 07:23 AM
    When I first open mine it has sort of an issue opening. I have to press the trackball to view the list of the pictures I have saved. I assumed this is just switching directories or something. I figured I set something up incorrectly.
    11-06-08 07:39 AM
    To all posts what size are your pictures on the memory card?

That could have allot to do with it....
    x2. opening (loading into memory) a tiny 13kb 320x240 jpg is waaay faster than trying to open/convert/send a 1MB 1600x1200 image. But, I still keep the pic size and quality settings way up there, because I'd reather have more flexibility with the pics with a small wait, then to get a great shot of something, and it be tiny
    11-06-08 07:46 AM
    My pics open within 1 second. 8310 os 4.5.102. I have never noticed any issues with any of my previous OS
    11-06-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD