just got my blackberry about a month ago and I wanted to know what is the advantage of the new OS.

New at this..

Just bored looking for something to do.
    09-30-07 10:32 PM
    With every new software updates you get bug fixes and sometimes new options...

It is recommended to upgrade...
    10-01-07 02:31 AM
    I love the honesty! First signs of an addiction to BlackBerry. Some OS's give new themes, and rarely a few new features, but, like Mattmarenic said, mainly it fixes bugs and the likes...

just got my blackberry about a month ago and I wanted to know what is the advantage of the new OS.

New at this..

Just bored looking for something to do.
    10-01-07 03:16 AM
    how do I upgrade software for bb curve on o2 ireland
    10-26-07 07:58 AM
    how do I upgrade software for bb curve on o2 ireland

go to the O2 web site and it should have the software update on their site. than load up DM and have your BB connected and it will ask for you to update your OS and it will.
    10-26-07 02:39 PM
    Hey folks, I would also like to upgrade my o.s. I just got my 8310 3 days ago from letstalk.com. Provider is ATT. Can someone please show me step by step on how to upgrade o.s.?

Thanks!
    10-26-07 03:46 PM
    Could be a fix for the suspected memory leak on the curve. I just upgraded the OS on mine. It more than doubled my "File Free" memory. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it keeps.
    Regarding upgrade, you will need the desktop manager installed on your PC. Download the latest OS from your carriers site and run the .exe file. Once installed you will need to start the Desktop Manager and at that point it should prompt you to do the upgrade.
    10-26-07 04:14 PM
    How do I upgrade my OS for my 8100? I have the problem of not being heard when I first answer my phone and I understand this is a pearl issue. Our Company uses someone's exchange to host our BB.
    10-26-07 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD