It seemed to work fine for months when I first had it but not lately it seems like it causes my BB to freeze and I can't tell why. I can have it open and running in the background and I'm signed in and it will go days w/o issues. But if someone attempts to message me it will randomly freeze and I have to wait several minutes (unless I pull the battery) for the phone to give me an error and then I can back out and it needs to rebuild the message list (emails and BBM) but if I attempt to use Google Chat it does the same thing.

Anyone else experiencing this and what seems to be causing it or more importantly how do I fix this? I've been avoiding it but that really isn't a fix. I'm still running 114 and haven't done any upgrades or updates to the OS since I got the phone at release day.
    08-11-09 03:13 PM
    I don't use Google chat, but I'm wondering if you've been tracking your Free File space since you are leaving your Google chat running??? My guess is that since you left it running it might be taking up more and more space... and in that case, how long have you been going in between your battery pulls??? Does your issues start happening after a certain amount of time after a battery pull???
    08-11-09 04:11 PM
    The error message that I get specifically is:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(889) is not responding; process terminated

'OK'

and then when I hit OK it will rebuild the message list sans any of my Google Chat messages.
    08-11-09 04:50 PM
    I don't use Google chat, but I'm wondering if you've been tracking your Free File space since you are leaving your Google chat running??? My guess is that since you left it running it might be taking up more and more space... and in that case, how long have you been going in between your battery pulls??? Does your issues start happening after a certain amount of time after a battery pull???
    I'm not too sure. Up until recently I've been running an Otterbox Defender case for quite some time so I wouldn't even do a physical battery pull. I will start to do so though and see if it's consistent. Another thing regarding your post might be memory. I have it set up to save my conversations so I wonder if maybe I'm running out of allocated memory for these depending on where they are stored. I have a 8gb MicroSD card w/over 5gb remaining so I doubt this is it but could be if it stores to phone memory or something like that.
    08-11-09 04:53 PM
    First, battery pull are an essential part of a Blackberry... and apps like QuickPull, or even a soft restart (Alt+Right Shift+Del) are not as good as an actual battery pull... they have to leave something behind in order to restart your OS. You can check your free file space by using the following key sequence: Alt+Right Shift+H

Most apps do not store any information on your SD card.
    08-11-09 05:02 PM
    First, battery pull are an essential part of a Blackberry... and apps like QuickPull, or even a soft restart (Alt+Right Shift+Del) are not as good as an actual battery pull... they have to leave something behind in order to restart your OS. You can check your free file space by using the following key sequence: Alt+Right Shift+H

Most apps do not store any information on your SD card.
    Yeah, I know they're critical and I do actually perform them. I also learned the hard way early on that the apps that supposedly mimic them don't work the same so I uninstalled all of them and just manually pull it from time to time. If I'm at a point I can do so when this issue occurs then I do so but sometimes it's just not an option since the reboot times are so long. So, I do them but am not really sure if the problem occurs a consistent time from the pull or not.

I checked the settings for Google Chat and it is currently set to store conversations to the memory card as I suspected.
    08-11-09 05:12 PM
    Make sure you are running the latest version of Google Talk as well.
    08-11-09 05:22 PM
    Make sure you are running the latest version of Google Talk as well.
    How do I know if there's an upgrade available? I don't see any obvious options to do so. I went into my applications list and it's currently 2.1.37 so I'm not sure if there's a newer version or not.
    08-11-09 05:49 PM
    How do I know if there's an upgrade available? I don't see any obvious options to do so. I went into my applications list and it's currently 2.1.37 so I'm not sure if there's a newer version or not.
    I just went to mobile.blackberry.com and found Google Talk on there and they have the latest version as 2.1.48... the only way to find out by doing this is to get to the actual download page.
    08-11-09 06:20 PM
    I just went to mobile.blackberry.com and found Google Talk on there and they have the latest version as 2.1.48... the only way to find out by doing this is to get to the actual download page.
    Can you link me? I'm not finding it.
    08-11-09 08:57 PM
    On your device's web browser, go to m.google.com/talk and you should be able to download it there.
    08-12-09 09:53 AM
    Non-BlackBerry Page! from your BB Browser... then click on IM apps, then find GoogleTalk.
    08-12-09 10:09 AM
    Ok, uninstalled Google Talk and reinstalled the newest version so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    08-12-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD