Suck so bad?

I mean, to use it - is not even an option!

The only purpose to use it is for OTA install.

I mean seriously, does anyone use this browser?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give it a big fat 0!

It loads sites too too too too too slow, and even with JS turned off.

I feel bad for people who don't know any better, thus getting stuck with this to surf the web.

If they did not have a third party browser such as bolt or opera, I would not own a BB!

Who agree with me?

Peace.
    Last edited by rein013; 05-10-10 at 01:27 PM.
    05-10-10 01:19 PM
    8330 Boost mobile with latest OS5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 01:22 PM
    A major part of that problem is BOOST MOBILE.
    05-10-10 01:27 PM
    Bolt or opera will load the mobile view in less than a second, so no problem there.

But then built in browser, also mobile view - takes minutes to infinity, no joke!

So to say that boost is the problem, doesn't make sense to me - since third party browser works flawlessly.

Please elaborate...

R.R.

05-10-10 01:33 PM
    I use the BB default browser just fine , guess it depends on the sites you go to ,,

So I don't agree with you my berry surfs pretty fast compaired to everyone elses I have seen , oh peace back at ya , lol
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-10-10 at 01:38 PM.
    05-10-10 01:36 PM
    i use the BlackBerry browser for mobile sites and it works great. Not so much for full sites. i agree it's horrible for that purpose. i use Bolt for full sites and it's much better than BlackBerry browser and does a good job rendering most full sites. i am jealous of the Incredible browser with flash, and its speed. i'm really hoping BlackBerry works on getting a decent native browser.

05-10-10 01:45 PM
    I have to agree with the 4 Star General; I've noticed that the Boost Mobile and Metro PCS berries tend to have some problems or just behave strangely at times. Of course the BB browser isn't perfect but I tend to use it just as much as Opera Mini and on my 8530 it's fast as can be. I saw two different Storms on Metro PCS and all I could say was WTF and my friend 8330 on Boost is ticked by the way it performs. Go figure and good luck...
    05-10-10 01:50 PM
    Bolt or Opera. BB Browser just for downloads. If RIM wants to do things in a major way, get that browser smoking. If that was so, my 9630 would be perfect!
    05-10-10 02:51 PM
    Been on Boost for 2 years and on Boost Blackberry for about 6 months. I have not had any of the issues ever, listed on this website. Maybe I have been the exception but most of the problems I see on a daily basis are not with Boost Blackberrys. All carriers suck after you sign your life away. Maybe this is one of the advantages of prepay. As for the browser, it is what it is and one should never expect a device with 96mb to ever be as fast as a PC.

05-10-10 08:54 PM
    I use the BB default browser just fine , guess it depends on the sites you go to ,,

So I don't agree with you my berry surfs pretty fast compaired to everyone elses I have seen , oh peace back at ya , lol
    Yeah I'm with ya on that one. My berry does really good also. It loads in just a few seconds.

05-10-10 09:28 PM
    I don't understand ... Mine works fine. :-/

05-10-10 10:40 PM
    The BlackBerry browser sucks because the service book makes it load everything through a RIM proxy. A user named deathtrip over on Howard Forums has a service book fix that can remove the RIM proxy and make the browser use Direct TCP to load pages faster, but I've never used it, so can't vouch for its efficacy.

For my purposes, I use Bolt and it works well, provided there is a good signal.
    05-11-10 11:51 AM
    I use Bolt, Opera, and the BB Browser, depending on what I'm trying to load. Mobile sites come up just fiine on the BB native browser. For full sites, I prefer Opera. And I've got Bolt loaded and ready to go in the event Opera doens't cut it.
    05-11-10 12:01 PM
    I use the default browser for EVERYTHING. Always have and always will.

Both 3rd party browsers offer very little over the default browser for me. Opera
    is total crap. Bolt is getting there but still needs a little more work.
    05-11-10 12:40 PM
    Bolt and Opera are just as bad. I use the build in browser because I wasn't responsible for downloading it - it came with the phone. I would too embarrassed to admit that I downloaded Bolt (does it really have a choice in fonts) or Opera (can you enter data or just hope it read what you typed in)
    05-11-10 02:18 PM
    After all this hoopla about browsing and MB's and such I'm wondering if I should even use it. I do Google everything from how to clean mackerel to finding the best support site for a blackberry my neighbor threw out.
    This lil gismo is faster and has way more ram than my first 4.7mHZ CPU, 20MB HDD, 13" monochrome clone PC
    05-11-10 05:30 PM
    To the OP...you are so right...the built in browser is a horror show...I only use it when forced to...use Mini-Opera exclusively.
    05-12-10 11:08 PM
    The BlackBerry browser sucks because the service book makes it load everything through a RIM proxy. A user named deathtrip over on Howard Forums has a service book fix that can remove the RIM proxy and make the browser use Direct TCP to load pages faster, but I've never used it, so can't vouch for its efficacy.
    Finally someone speaking from straight blackberry science!

This would only make sense then.

You rock, MoonHowler2009!!!

06-05-10 11:49 PM
    I have Verizon.

Native browser sucks.

We can remove the carrier portion of the equation.
    06-06-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD