I love the chrome mine doesn't look cheap at all. Neither does it peel. I hardly see it anyway because i have a black gel skin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 02:23 PM
    I like the way the 8900 looks. I have a Case-Mate over it.
    08-09-09 02:32 PM
    People hate it because that's the way it came. If it came with a cheap black painted bezel you'd see people posting about pimpin it with a cheap chrome painted bezel.

08-09-09 04:15 PM
    People hate it because that's the way it came. If it came with a cheap black painted bezel you'd see people posting about pimpin it with a cheap chrome painted bezel.

That is a well-thought statement u got there

Nicely done
    I couldn't have said any better
    08-09-09 04:34 PM
    Boy ain't that the truth.

You've got that 100% correct.
    08-09-09 06:55 PM
    I like the way the 8900 looks. I have a Case-Mate over it.
    I use the BlackBerry black gel skin (which I wouldn't live without). Unless I take the case off, you wouldn't even know the chrome was there.
    08-09-09 06:57 PM
    When I can be bothered I am going to black out mine... The chrome just looks tacky

08-09-09 07:50 PM
    either color doesn't really bother me
    08-09-09 11:46 PM
    what! my roommate has the 8900 and i think its f*cking sexy. i like chrome trim and more carbonesque finishes or leather. it adds class and imo customizing and colorware makes BB look awkward or out of place.
    08-10-09 01:21 AM

i agree, and i think its also because people don't want theirs to look like everyone else... and some people just like to show off... which i honestly think is something most of us bb lovers like to do...
    08-10-09 02:35 AM
    I'm swapping my bezel this coming week because my chrome is peeling so bad. I don't believe in cases, I'm a die hard design fan! I think the blackberry's are so cool looking with out them, well yeah....the downside....peeled chrome!!

08-10-09 03:50 AM
    I have no intention at all of getting its charming bezel replaced anytime soon. I absolutely love the chrome finish. Maybe one day when the bezel has gone bad I would change it to a black or even carbon just for looks

08-10-09 09:08 AM

That's not the case for me. I just don't like the chrome bezel. Black looks a lot better. I'm not into bling.
    08-10-09 10:23 AM
    I liked it until people said that it peels. I loved it so much I refused to get a case. But I would get a case before I let it peel. Don't care or have time for a black case. Great phone and if it didn't peel I would still love it.
    But yeah kudos to what the poster said about people hating it because. One can't satisfy everyone.
    08-10-09 11:22 AM
    I like the chorme bezel, but I think it's too much. I had a case(cozip) to cover both side of the bezal, only left the bottom. It looks cool, and no peel yet.

08-10-09 11:40 AM
    i agree, and i think its also because people don't want theirs to look like everyone else... and some people just like to show off... which i honestly think is something most of us bb lovers like to do...
    WHo me... I dont like to show off... not me!!!!

LOL
    08-10-09 11:43 AM
    Love the chrome on my 8900...looks great to me, and I see no reason to change it out. I've been using a standard old 8300 vertical leather/lambskin holster (with the magnetized strap that drops over the top to secure the phone -- but no skins or snap on cases. I love to hold a naked blackberry when it's in use, and look at the naked 8900 sitting on my desk when I'm working. Much rather do that than hide it away in a skin or snap-on cover.

I've had my 8900 since the day T-Mobile had them in retail stores, used it dozens of times a day since then, and kept it in the leather holster when not in use. No signs of peeling yet --still looks like new. Wouldn't change it out for anything ('cept maybe a Driftwood...or some kind of gonzo Blackberry touchscreen/keyboard hybrid like a bold with an 8900 keyboard and a touchscreen, a GB of RAM, wifi/3g/gps/bt/etc...).

For now -- keepin' my 8900 chromed and naked...
    08-10-09 10:13 PM
    I'm not a fan of chrome to start with, but I really don't mind it on the 8900. I did drop the phone a while back, and it is chipped, but not pealing yet
    08-10-09 10:32 PM
    WHo me... I dont like to show off... not me!!!!

LOL
    LOL Neither do I!!!
    08-11-09 04:06 AM
    Look, it's a PHONE, for God's sake - not a piece of jewelry....as stated earlier, if it came with a black bezel, some people would be compelled to change it to chrome.

This is typical human behavior: it doesn't matter what forums one subscribes to, for whatever interests - there are always factions that have to display their own uniqueness and individuality with the subject of the forum.

I find it strangely interesting.....
    08-11-09 09:03 AM
    I liked the chrome befdore it started peeling!!
    08-11-09 09:26 AM
    I honestly did it to be different...
    08-11-09 09:34 AM
    its things like customizing and colorware that make the phones look cheap.
    Exactly!!
    All that after market junk is what makes phones look cheap and childish.
    I personally love the chrome (or imitation chrome, or whatever the heck it is).
    As a matter of fact, the lack of that look is the only thing lacking on the Onyx (in the pic it looks more like gunmetal than chrome) IMO

08-11-09 10:29 AM
    Look, it's a PHONE, for God's sake - not a piece of jewelry....as stated earlier, if it came with a black bezel, some people would be compelled to change it to chrome.

This is typical human behavior: it doesn't matter what forums one subscribes to, for whatever interests - there are always factions that have to display their own uniqueness and individuality with the subject of the forum.

I find it strangely interesting.....
    I find it strangely interesting that you find it strangely interesting that people each like different things.
    08-11-09 10:43 AM
    I find it strangely interesting that you find it strangely interesting that people each like different things.
    Uh oh. You two now constitute a faction having to display your own uniqueness and individuality...
    08-11-09 10:51 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD