I hope someone can help me more than the Verizon CSR who suggested I wipe my device. Anyway, if I go into my message folder, hit the application button and then view folders, it shows 7 inbox folders. Then it also shows my missed calls folder, mms inbox folder, so forth and so on.

Can anyone explain why all the inbox folders and if so, can they be deleted??

Thanks for the help!!
    04-04-09 05:00 PM
    You cant delete them, they are always there, and a way to empty out all your folders, to clean up the bb after a while, delete old texts, MMS, phone logs, just another way to do that.
    04-04-09 05:12 PM
    I know that. But, the 7 extra inboxes above that contain nothing but a spam folder inside.
    04-04-09 05:36 PM
    which folder are you referring to specifically having spam? push messages? browser messages? Delete the content.. there is no way to delete these folders, plain and simple.
    04-04-09 05:49 PM
    i don't think you are understanding me completely. I have 7 "Inbox" folders above the normal folders that are always there.
    04-04-09 05:52 PM
    so when you get an email or txt is shows up in all 7 folders?
    or are all the folders for different email addresses?
    04-04-09 05:54 PM
    Yeh, I wasnt understanding. Sorry. Ive never ever heard of that, I dont think having multiple emails on the berry would cause it, I have multiple address and dont have the inboxes, infact I dont have any email inboxes under View folder..

Has it always been that way, or did you just notice..
    04-04-09 05:55 PM
    Is this your personal phone, (BIS) or thru your job that they have co0ntrol over (BES)
    04-04-09 05:56 PM
    It is my personal phone. It was never like. My old BB broke, so VZW sent me a new one. After restoring my backup is when I noticed it. I actually just wiped the handheld, checked the view folders and it was fine. No extra "Inboxes". Once I restored my backup again I noticed the extra "Inboxes" again!! Ugggghhh
    04-04-09 06:02 PM
    I figured it out!!!! I was able to delete them through my Desktop Manager. I would still like to know how and why they were there!! Oh well.........thanks for all your help!!!
    04-04-09 06:13 PM
    I'm having the same issue, how did you manage to get rid of thoses folders ?
    04-06-09 02:11 PM
    I think it has something to do with how the new BIS sets up email.
    04-06-09 03:17 PM
    I figured it out!!!! I was able to delete them through my Desktop Manager. I would still like to know how and why they were there!! Oh well.........thanks for all your help!!!
    How did you do it? I have the same problem. I had to "reintegrate" my e-mail accounts on the BIS 3 times and it's left me with 6 Inbox/Spam folders when I should only have 2.
    04-07-09 05:50 PM
    How did you do it? I have the same problem. I had to "reintegrate" my e-mail accounts on the BIS 3 times and it's left me with 6 Inbox/Spam folders when I should only have 2.
    Ok, here's how I fixed my 8900 on T-Mobile:

What you'll need:
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your PC
    URL to your BIS web site

1. Connect your BB to your PC using the USB cable.
    2. Do a Full backup
      NOTE: Mine failed at first and I found that the Browser Data Cache DB was the cause of the problem. Clearing the three items in the Cache Operations corrected the problem and the full backup succeeded.
    3. Verify the Full backup file exists on your computer.
    4. Disconnect the BB from your PC.
    5. Take a deep breath.
    6. On the BB: Options > Security Options > General Settings
    7. Press the BlackBerry button and choose 'Wipe Handheld'
    8. Re-verify the Full backup file exists on your computer.
    9. Type 'blackberry' and press Enter.
      Now, the first pass for "Wiping", mine paused for about 30-60 seconds at 60%, 88%, and 90%. So don't worry there. Then it ran through another pass at "Wiping." The whole process took about 5 minutes to complete.
    10. When the BB comes back up, go to your PC and browse to your carrier's BIS web site and resend the service books.
    11. Once your device receives the service books, verify you have the "Manage Internet Email" icon (or whatever the icon text is on your model). The icon I'm referring to should be the on-device link to the BIS.
    12. Confirm you only have the folders you want in the list.
    13. Reconnect the BB to your PC.
    14. Using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, do an Advanced Backup of ONLY the "Folders" database.
    15. SAVE IT!
    16. Verify the file is there.
    17. Do a Full Restore using the file you created earlier.
    18. Using the Advanced Backup/Restore feature again, open the second backup ("Folders" database only) and restore the "Folders" database overwriting the existing one.

Lots of work, but you should be good now.

[edit]
    I found that the calendar items don't resync properly and end up duplicated on the device. Easy way to fix that is simply open the Advanced Backup/Restore window and CLEAR the 'Calendar - All' database. Now do a resync with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and everything should be fine and you shouldn't have the "Device Default" (purple) item in the calendar.
    Last edited by Hossy923; 04-07-09 at 08:00 PM.
    04-07-09 07:18 PM
    what if i dont have a PC?
    05-19-09 05:14 PM
    @ rachel0179 Seriously??? you have never heard of this???
    hmm not living up to your name tag "Genius of Geniuses"
    you can delete these folders!!!

this has been bugging me for over a year and finally found the answer,
    I have had 10 'In-Box/Spam' folders on my Blackberry where I have added an email address, then removed it! it leaves the In-Boxes behind
    ok my way isn't as complex as hossy923

all you have to do to clear the mess is

Open "Desktop Manager" (on your pc)
    Click "Backup and Restore"
    then click "Advanced"
    Scroll through the Databases on the right and find "Folders"
    highlight it and click "Clear"
    It then gets rid of all those stubborn "In-Box / Spam" folders that are lingering

there were no problems with anything else changing...still get my emails etc
    but always best to back-up first ;o)
    Last edited by nhaigh; 05-19-10 at 07:04 PM.
    05-19-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD