As of last night, I noticed that my vibrate/ring tone/LED settings have all been changed. I haven't installed anything new or done anything that would seem to warrant this happening.

The only strange thing I can think of is that yesterday I was told someone tried to call me a few times but my phone never rang. This has happened before and I assume I just lose signal at those moments. But this time I looked at my phone and the "1XEV" indicator was completely gone. It still showed about 3 or 4 bars of signal strength, but the indicator was altogether gone.

So I reset the phone, and immediately upon reset I received a calendar event notification (in a different sound than normal). What's weird about this is that I've never gotten one at startup before, almost as if it was stuck and resetting the phone made it appear. Related to this is the fact that the reminder was set for a week in advance, which should have been last Sunday, not yesterday.

Anyway, I got a phone call later that night and noticed the ringtone was different. Then I went into my profile settings and everything is different than the settings I had chosen.

What would cause this? Is there some way to get back my settings or do I have to do it all again? How do I know it won't happen again?

Thanks.
    10-17-09 11:45 AM
    y u did not back up ur settings?
    10-17-09 11:58 AM
    y u did not back up ur settings?
    I probably have at some point in the past, but is it possible to just reinstall the profile settings and not everything else?
    10-17-09 12:07 PM
    As of last night, I noticed that my vibrate/ring tone/LED settings have all been changed. I haven't installed anything new or done anything that would seem to warrant this happening.

The only strange thing I can think of is that yesterday I was told someone tried to call me a few times but my phone never rang. This has happened before and I assume I just lose signal at those moments. But this time I looked at my phone and the "1XEV" indicator was completely gone. It still showed about 3 or 4 bars of signal strength, but the indicator was altogether gone.

Anyway, I got a phone call later that night and noticed the ringtone was different. Then I went into my profile settings and everything is different than the settings I had chosen.

What would cause this? Is there some way to get back my settings or do I have to do it all again? How do I know it won't happen again?

Thanks.
    Did you update your OS recently? I'm on Sprint and just updated to the newest OS for the 8330m and all was working fine until sometime late yesterday afternoon when my phone stopped ringing and vibrating for only one of my contacts which I have had an exception for to have custom email, SMS, MMS & phone ringers.....it had been working and now nothing I do will get the ringtones/alerts for this one Contact....so weird.

I am thinking of deleting the contact and re-entering to see if that does the trick.....
    10-17-09 12:45 PM
    Did you update your OS recently? I'm on Sprint and just updated to the newest OS for the 8330m and all was working fine until sometime late yesterday afternoon when my phone stopped ringing and vibrating for only one of my contacts which I have had an exception for to have custom email, SMS, MMS & phone ringers.....it had been working and now nothing I do will get the ringtones/alerts for this one Contact....so weird.

I am thinking of deleting the contact and re-entering to see if that does the trick.....
    I updated the OS to 4.5 but that was about two months ago. The profile has worked fine until yesterday.
    10-17-09 01:02 PM
    this might be a dumb question, but when was the last time you pulled the battery? if it's been awhile since the last hard reset, maybe the phone picked up a bug and didn't save new settings since the last reset. just a thought.
    10-17-09 01:06 PM
    I updated the OS to 4.5 but that was about two months ago. The profile has worked fine until yesterday.
    Weird...I had updated the night before and had no probs until late yesterday afternoon....I just deleted and re-entered that contact and now the Profile/Exception is working fine again...must have been a weird glitch.

Is it just one Contact you are having an issue with? If so, maybe delete and re-enter & see if that does the trick for you as well.
    10-17-09 01:08 PM
    this might be a dumb question, but when was the last time you pulled the battery? if it's been awhile since the last hard reset, maybe the phone picked up a bug and didn't save new settings since the last reset. just a thought.
    Hi Wacky....the 1st thing I did with my issue was a battery pull figuring that would straighten it right out but no luck....it took deleting the Contact and re-entering to fix the prob I was having.
    10-17-09 01:10 PM
    Is it just one Contact you are having an issue with? If so, maybe delete and re-enter & see if that does the trick for you as well.
    It doesn't seem to be contact-related. The actual settings in my Profile options are all changed.
    10-17-09 02:13 PM
    What OS are you running? 4.5.0.160 and 4.5.0.169 are known to have problems like yours where profile settings and ringtones/alerts get lost, but can be reset by battery pulls.

The only permanent way to fix the problem is to load the profile.cod files from a stable OS like 4.5.0.131, or to try a higher OS like 4.5.0.170 or 4.5.0.175
    10-17-09 03:26 PM
    What OS are you running? 4.5.0.160 and 4.5.0.169 are known to have problems like yours where profile settings and ringtones/alerts get lost, but can be reset by battery pulls.

The only permanent way to fix the problem is to load the profile.cod files from a stable OS like 4.5.0.131, or to try a higher OS like 4.5.0.170 or 4.5.0.175
    The latest official release from Sprint, ends with .131 I believe.
    10-17-09 06:19 PM
    The latest official release from Sprint, ends with .131 I believe.
    Hmm, that's interesting...

FYI, Sprint just released a new official update (4.5.0.175) for both the 8330 and 8330m.
    10-17-09 06:21 PM
    Hmm, that's interesting...

FYI, Sprint just released a new official update (4.5.0.175) for both the 8330 and 8330m.
    Nice to know, thanks! I hope it fixes that delay for the screen to come on when you press the trackball!
    10-17-09 11:21 PM
    I've never had that problem, on any OS. But then again, I always press the Enter key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 11:44 PM
    I have a Bold 9700 and it's been doing the same thing to me! The sounds in the profiles randomly change, even though when I go to edit the profile, it appears to have maintained my settings. Now the profiles have reset to the defaults for no apparent reason. I spent ten minutes saving them as I like them, then pulled the battery and they went back to the defaults!!! I'm really frustrated. Running OS 5.0.0.405 on AT&T (yes, I know they suck, it's not exactly by choice).
    07-14-10 12:59 PM
    I had an issue similiar to this. Is your phone in bedside mode?

I got all freaked out and thought my phone was messed up and started changing all my settings again only to find out it was in bedside mode
    07-14-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD