I followed many instructions in many online forums and still come up with a blank.

Go to the tray, hit the picture of the phone with the message bubble, and select an SMS and highlight an individual message ... hit the blackberry symbol (menu) button and go to delete hit that and it says "delete conversation" NOT "delete message".

If I go into Stripes mode as opposed to bubbles mode, if I select and show the message, then if I go to menu and select it offers delete message ... which deletes the text from the message, but not the container ... so now the message list shows an empty message! In bubble mode, I don't have this option at all.

My phone is set up as a basic phone with some smartphone features like media player :-) I've not got BBM set up or anything enterprise set up ... I don't get mail on it.

If I click on the envelope from the tray (Messages) it's basically my call log ... nothing more. There seems to be no distinction between SMS and MMS messages anywhere that I can find!
    04-29-15 01:12 PM
    If you're set up with BES, that could be why. Talk to the IT people/person.

Highlighting the conversation/thread and pressing the DEL key should prompt you to delete it.

Typed using my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk for BlackBerry 7.1
    06-19-15 05:38 PM
    Go into the Message Application:

*Click the BlackBerry (Menu) key.
    *Scroll down & click "Options".
    *Click on "Message Display & Actions".
    *Scroll down to "Display Style" - is yours set to "Group by Subject"? If so, change to "Display Single Messages".
    *Go to the message again, highlight & delete. It should work.

Concerning finding a distinction between sms & mms - go into the Messages Application:
    *Scroll right to the bottom & click on "Text Messaging" - you will find all the different sms/mms settings there.
    *If the first part of my instructions didn't solve your issue, go to "Combine Sequential Messages" in this section, deselect it, then try again.

Good luck, hope my advice helps?! Please press "like" if it did!

\m/Go into the Message Application:

*Click on "Message Display & Actions".
    *Scroll down to "Display Style" - is yours set to "Group by Subject"? If so, change to "Display Single Messages".
    *Go to the message again, highlight & delete. It should work.

Concerning finding a distinction between sms & mms - go into the Messages Application:
    *Scroll right to the bottom & click on "Text Messaging" - you will find all the different sms/mms settings there.
    *If the first part of my instructions didn't solve your issue, go to "Combine Sequential Messages" in this section, deselect it, then try again.

Good luck, hope my advice helps?! Please press "like" if it did!

\m/
    07-20-15 02:34 PM