08-13-09 12:15 AM
126 1234 ...
tools
    The point of all of this was not whether this guy's music is crap (answer="yes"), or I should know who he is (no).

The issue is why this godawful video keep coming back? I delete it and a few days later it is there again.

I am not sure, but I think it may occur when I am using the media software to convert something and load it onto my SD card. Next time I do that, I will pay attention and see if this generation's Sinatra is back.

I will say, however, as this mutated into a popular culture commentary, that the part that amused me the most was not those people who like guy's music and are shocked that I didn't even know he existed. I can understand that. I will still mock it, of course, but I understand.

The really funny part are those who think I should know this name because he is apparently f*cking Jennifer Aniston!

Good for you pal, but it isn't going to get you a spot in my mental rolodex, at least not until you learn to sing better.
    04-17-09 09:13 AM
    I haven't the faintest idea who this guy is. Unfortunately, I have had too many opportunities to find out first hand that he can't sing.

I have deleted this video several times, and it reappears every so often.

I suppose that I could download crackmem or the like and see if that does it, but I try to avoid things like that. My experience with messing with the OS, deleting parts using 3rd party apps, installing beta OS updates, things like that, is that, uh, roughly, 100% of the time it goes badly. Very badly. Buy-a-new-phone badly.

But every time I open up the video player and a huge memory sucking video of some asshat mangling a guitar has magically reappeared, it makes me want to scream.

I'm with u..... I know who Mayer is, seen him play.....not for me. He is a great guitarist,no question bout that. I just wish he wouldn't open his mouth. If you can't sing, don't. That's all I ask

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:32 AM
    I don't really like his music.... was one of the first things I deleted

They have not come back.
    04-17-09 12:45 PM
    john mayer is the truth
    04-17-09 01:34 PM
    I deleted the video a long time ago. Just checked, it's back. I don't remember if I deleted it before or after my last OS upgrade though.

Just checked the OS files, and saw this: net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_89xx_480x360.cod It's 7.4 MB
    Could that be it? Maybe deleting that from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.199_P4.2.0.102\Java" will solve it.

Also, I have to defend the OP here. I work in the music products industry (NOT the recording industry, we sell guitars not crap CDs), and the ONLY reason I've heard of the guy is because my sisters are obsessed with him. I can honestly say that if she wasn't, I wouldn't have heard of him either. No comment on his music, other than I already told you guys I deleted the video
    04-17-09 04:37 PM
    I do usually use crackmem..... Maybe that is why mine didn't come back after the 20 or so upgrades.

04-17-09 04:49 PM
    Didn't Jennifer Aniston dump him because he Twittered too much?

Personally, I always thought he was gay. He might well be if he preferred to Twitter than molest Aniston.
    Last edited by YorkshirePudding; 04-17-09 at 05:18 PM.
    04-17-09 04:57 PM
    The dude is a guitar god. Seriously. I think he was rolling Jessica Simpson before Jennifer Aniston. Then the Cowboys QB took over.
    04-17-09 05:07 PM
    Didn't Jennifer Aniston dump him because he Twittered too much?

Personally, I always thought he was gay. He might well be if he preferred to Twitter than molest Aniston.
    Haha yeah, that bit of "celeb gossip" (yes I died a little saying celeb gossip. Twice) made me laugh. Though I kinda can't blame the guy. With a girl who's obsessing with her ex after however many years and (to me) isn't nearly as hot as she used to be in her Friends days and according to same celeb gossip is quite crazy. Can't blame him, I understand his pain. And I'm a girl, but some of us suck.

As for the video, whenever I try to delete it, my 8900 freezes on me. Did battery pulls to see if it would fix it, but didn't happen. I could probably just hook the 8900 to my computer and do it that way, but don't care enough. Don't need the space desperately yet.
    04-17-09 06:06 PM
    Truth be told I don think Jennifer Aniston is all that hot. And the dudes music is just alright, at least from the few videos and songs I have heard, and the video on the 8900 is weak.
    04-17-09 08:12 PM
    Seeing has its standard os software I would assume it doesn't go away by merely deleting, similar to buying a dell and having to delete all the crap free trials and stuff! If you really want it gone I would say a 3rd party remover would be your best bet.

Edit: john mayer is quite a fantastic artist but not everyones cup of tea I suppose but give him a chance at least =]

04-17-09 08:21 PM
    Just like Clint I do the same, you should have no problems deleting anything using it. Just follow proper procedure...

04-17-09 09:43 PM
    you sir live under a rock
    04-18-09 01:45 AM
    I deleted him too. He stayed gone for awhile. The I updated my BB with the the dumb Norwegian/etc language pack, since an alert popped up every time I opened BB Desktop Manager...

Now John Mayer's back with a vengeance. If I try to delete the video, my BB freezes and I have to reboot. Wtf
    04-18-09 01:49 AM
    I deleted him too. He stayed gone for awhile. The I updated my BB with the the dumb Norwegian/etc language pack, since an alert popped up every time I opened BB Desktop Manager...

Now John Mayer's back with a vengeance. If I try to delete the video, my BB freezes and I have to reboot. Wtf
    LMBO aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Thats funny.
    04-18-09 02:06 AM
    john mayer is a whining little expletive. he even has a video (somewhere) where he even admits he knows that people are tired of his whiney expletiviness. i'm glad i got that vid off my javelin.. what a waste of space..

but then, he got to do naughty things to jenanisten...
    Last edited by JimiPop; 04-18-09 at 02:12 AM.
    04-18-09 02:08 AM
    I kinda like John Mayer. His music is okay for like traveling music or something lol.

As for Jennifer Anniston... she looks good for her age lol. I would take advantage of her if I were him.
    04-18-09 02:50 AM
    Don't know who he is and I honestly don't care.

04-18-09 02:58 AM
    hes a wanna be amateur comedian that had brad pitts leftovers for a while before he got stuck doing bull crap amateur comedy on cruise ships lol jk
    04-18-09 04:38 AM
    John Mayer:
    John Clayton Mayer (pronounced /ˈmeɪ.ər/ MAY-ər;[1] born October 16, 1977) is an American musician. Originally from Connecticut, he attended Berklee College of Music before moving to Atlanta, Georgia, in 1997, where he refined his skills and gained a following. His first two studio albums, Room for Squares and Heavier Things, did well commercially, achieving multi-platinum status. In 2003, he won a Best Male Pop Vocal Performance Grammy Award for "Your Body Is a Wonderland".

Short version of the above stated

John Mayer:
    one ****ty *** singer!!!!!
    04-18-09 02:22 PM
    I haven't the faintest idea who this guy is.

Don't feel bad jg I have no idea either, I assumed he was Mrs. Mayer's little boy.
    04-18-09 03:21 PM
    Here's his Wikipedia page, let's all agree he's a d-bag and end this, if this thread continues John Mayer wins...he also wears Newton Running shoes, they're awesome.
    04-18-09 07:48 PM
    All i know from him is that he sounds horrible, why does BB have to subject him to us
    04-18-09 08:51 PM
    john mayer's music isnt bad in my opinion. but if u dont want that vid on ur phone is understandable. i am, however, shocked that u have never heard of him. aside from being a popular artist, hes always on the cover of those magazines at the checkout line at the grocery store because he dates hot celeb chics. aaand, hes a huge blackberry fan. he was one of the first people to have a Bold before it was released. he blogged about it and posted "unboxing" pics with a mini review.
    04-18-09 10:59 PM
    if it were up to me I rather have Jessica Simpson than Jennifer Anniston.
    04-18-09 11:03 PM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD