08-13-09 12:15 AM
126 123 ...
tools
    I haven't the faintest idea who this guy is. Unfortunately, I have had too many opportunities to find out first hand that he can't sing.

I have deleted this video several times, and it reappears every so often.

I suppose that I could download crackmem or the like and see if that does it, but I try to avoid things like that. My experience with messing with the OS, deleting parts using 3rd party apps, installing beta OS updates, things like that, is that, uh, roughly, 100% of the time it goes badly. Very badly. Buy-a-new-phone badly.

But every time I open up the video player and a huge memory sucking video of some asshat mangling a guitar has magically reappeared, it makes me want to scream.
    04-16-09 10:04 PM
    Can you honestly say you don't know who he is?
    Even if you don't like the guy, you'd have to be living under a rock not to at least know his name or one song by him.
    Dating/dated Jennifer Anniston recently, good friends with Dave Chappelle and made an appearance on his show, Highly regarded in the BB world, he often is the first to have a model. He was the first celeb to have a Bold.

He's a great guitarist. Plays with passion and soul and doesn't just belt out generic power chords and useless shredding nothingness. Give him a chance, he's quite the musician.
    04-16-09 10:12 PM
    Dude for real, you don't know who John Mayer is...................

I have no words
    04-16-09 10:20 PM
    Can you honestly say you don't know who he is?
    Even if you don't like the guy, you'd have to be living under a rock not to at least know his name or one song by him.
    Dating/dated Jennifer Anniston recently, good friends with Dave Chappelle and made an appearance on his show, Highly regarded in the BB world, he often is the first to have a model. He was the first celeb to have a Bold.

He's a great guitarist. Plays with passion and soul and doesn't just belt out generic power chords and useless shredding nothingness. Give him a chance, he's quite the musician.
    Yeah... ditto all the way. Awesome musician, amazing music... proud to have him on my BB (Sorry... couldn't resist responding!)
    04-16-09 10:24 PM
    Not sure where the OP is from, but here in the UK John Mayer is not nearly as well known as in the US, and to most that DO know who he is here, he's just the guy who dated Jennifer Aniston. I imagine he's even less well known in the rest of Europe, where no doubt this video appears on every BB sold there.
    04-16-09 10:40 PM
    Just do a battery pull and try to delete again.
    04-16-09 10:40 PM
    He's a fruitcake. Really can't stand his voice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 10:41 PM
    No, I can honestly say I have never heard the name. But, to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe that video is not representative of his ability. If it is, then whoever told this guy to pursue a career in music should be taken out and beaten to death. The music on the video is painful to listen to.
    Last edited by jgbrock; 04-16-09 at 10:50 PM.
    04-16-09 10:47 PM
    He's a fruitcake. Really can't stand his voice

Fruitcake's don't date Jennifer Aniston
    I want to run through the halls of my high school, I want to scream at the top of my lungs [...?]
    There's no such thing as the real world, just a lie that we have to rise above [...??]

No?? Doesn't ring a bell?
    Wow.

You would -hate- the Telus Storm.
    Came with a plethora of indie music (though I wouldn't consider John Mayer indie).
    Granted, its all good (shameless plug): Go listen to Stars, Broken Social Scene or The Stills.
    However I must say that I like the song(there goes my street cred) lol . I do think that they couldve promoted a better video to showcase the 8900 screen a bit more .
    04-16-09 11:25 PM
    That video is a part of "Where the Light Is" a live concert DVD that he recorded wtih some solo acoustic stuff, the John Mayer Trio(John Mayer, Steve Jordan(Drums) and Pino Paladino(Bass Guitar)), and then his regular band. It is fantastic.

Good luck with the deletion. Just had to put in my $.02
    04-16-09 11:31 PM
    LMMAO (laughing my muthaf'n a$$ off) & crying . . .WOW!

04-17-09 12:25 AM
    John mayer aside, many many of us upgrade os's and use crackmem all the time without any problems at all. And we spend time helping those who do have problems fix almost anything that comes up. Seriously, that's what CrackBerry is all about.

04-17-09 12:32 AM
    Just the fact that he co-wrote a song on J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton's collaborative album says a lot about his abilities.
    04-17-09 12:50 AM
    Not sure if John Mayer's video was an improvment over the Speed Racer video AT&T put on the Bold.
    04-17-09 01:02 AM
    Ok not 4 nothing i really thought this thread would give sum light on how 2 get rid of this BS sample. Not dissin Mayer fans but come on. How do u rid it off tha fone 4 good cuz its takin up memory. And I can think of a 10 way better things to watch on ma fone like Bugs bunny cartoons lol
    04-17-09 02:10 AM
    John mayer aside, many many of us upgrade os's and use crackmem all the time without any problems at all. And we spend time helping those who do have problems fix almost anything that comes up. Seriously, that's what CrackBerry is all about.

Thanx i downloaded crackmem but ma OS doesnt show. I have .168
    04-17-09 02:22 AM
    Just to contradict the opinion he's less known in the rest of Europe: I am an Austrian living in the Netherlands, and he's played on the according radio stations at least once a day.

Your reappearing video sounds quite strange to me. I have a Bold which came preloaded with a BMW ad. After I saw it once I deleted it and it WAS deleted and stayed that way.

Could you please provide more information? Steps you took to delete and how long it takes for the vid to pop up again? Have you tried deleting it with your PC in mass storage mode?

04-17-09 02:22 AM
    However I must say that I like the song(there goes my street cred) lol . I do think that they couldve promoted a better video to showcase the 8900 screen a bit more .
    Yeah you're right. Your street cred is now shot. Go listen to some 2Pac and call me in the morning.
    04-17-09 02:38 AM
    Too funny! Could be worse. You could keep getting Rickrolled

04-17-09 03:16 AM
    Crackgirly don't give RIM any ideas... Next thing you know they'll put Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton videos as demos. And if they do, I'm hunting you down lol.
    04-17-09 03:19 AM
    Crackgirly don't give RIM any ideas... Next thing you know they'll put Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton videos as demos. And if they do, I'm hunting you down lol.
    LMAO! Now that would be downright evil! But if they do, shouldn't I get a cut of the profit from it?

04-17-09 03:24 AM
    Thanx i downloaded crackmem but ma OS doesnt show. I have .168
    Send Pete6 a pm about that. Its his app, he should be able to give you a hand, but generally crackmem is used when you upgrade your OS, yo install the OS you're going to, make the changes you want, then go to app loader. the help file has the insructions you need.

04-17-09 07:15 AM
    I ended up buying the sample video song from iTunes. So it worked. Downloaded two of his albums one being a Live recording.
    04-17-09 08:41 AM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD