im tryin to see if i should step into that world of new OS. let me know what problems you guys face and the benefits it has. much appreciation
    08-06-09 03:47 PM
    Don't do it. Wait for the official release.
    08-06-09 03:52 PM
    Do it. Don't wait for the official release
    08-06-09 03:56 PM
    Yup dont do it wait 4 tha OFFICIAL!!!
    08-06-09 03:57 PM
    5.0 is poison. Nuff said . Anything else we can help you with?
    08-06-09 04:01 PM
    I have the 5.0.0.130 beta version and its solid enough for every day use For Me. I like how you can customize a lot easier. The only thing is some apps don't work like MySpace and Docs2Go does not update. No biggy for me since I use Bolt, Opera Mini or BB Browser to check my stuff. Overall 5.0 is coming together real nice. Can't wait for the official release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 04:02 PM
    I have the 5.0.0.130 beta version and its solid enough for every day use For Me. I like how you can customize a lot easier. The only thing is some apps don't work like MySpace and Docs2Go does not update. No biggy for me since I use Bolt, Opera Mini or BB Browser to check my stuff. Overall 5.0 is coming together real nice. Can't wait for the official release.

Same here some of the stuff comes off a little sketchy(what do you expect) but for the most part with Bolt its been nice.
    08-06-09 04:03 PM
    Hmm..well, "5.0.0.130".. a beautiful OS with a total new make over as compared to the latest present official OS.

Pro's:

Has many great features like:
    1. Ring and vibe at the same time.
    2. New font styles/sizes.
    3. New boot screen!
    4. Tabbed browsing
    5. A folder for Media instead of a page.
    6. A very neat look
    7. Options to customise the home screen (You can select the number of icons you want on the home screen).

Well that's what I could observe in 2 hours I had it.

Cons:

1. No chat except for BBM 5.
    2. The beta has a ruined media folder name and if you change that to media the default media folder icon disappears.
    3. Blackberry website does not recognise it's own phones.

The Official release would be a definate MUST have but the beta with lack of support is trash... I'd say wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Off Topic: In the memory of those who died while waiting for the official BB Jav OS 5 to release.

Peace,
    -Areeb
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by areebnazim; 08-07-09 at 08:53 AM.
    08-07-09 08:51 AM
    .130 and it has it's bugs and what not. My BeeJive works, but when I'm typing to someone I can't see what I'm typing until I'm done. I can't add an account because the screen is white and I can't check peoples profile because the screen turns white. I can't download AppWorld and I don't have any Beejive sounds even though I set it up.

I can live with these problems, I mean it's not a big deal. Plus I won't be having a BB anymore because I'm getting the TP2 and the 11th is my last with BB. I will be back to BB when RIM drops a BOLD like touchscreen and T-Mobile picks it up. That's my ultimate BB right there.

08-07-09 09:12 AM
    .100 is drivin me crazy..FB not working..and SMS missing..i think its better to wait for the official..
    08-07-09 10:10 AM
    .100 is drivin me crazy..FB not working..and SMS missing..i think its better to wait for the official..
    Facebook doesn't work on any 5.0 OS... but SMS missing on .100???

I don't think so
    08-07-09 11:29 AM
    I agree with most people on this forum. Wait until it is officially released. From what I see, it looks to be a far better improvement from the 4.6. The official release should get rid of all the kinks it has in it now with the unofficial release.
    08-07-09 03:31 PM
    Hmm..well, "5.0.0.130".. a beautiful OS with a total new make over as compared to the latest present official OS.

Pro's:

Has many great features like:
    1. Ring and vibe at the same time. Buzz Me does the same thing
    2. New font styles/sizes.
    3. New boot screen! i don't reboot my phone enough to worry about it
    4. Tabbed browsing with opera mini, Bolt, OE, and WAP browser not a big loss at all, plus you loose speed and battery loading multi pages at a time
    5. A folder for Media instead of a page. not worth the instability
    6. A very neat look
    7. Options to customise the home screen (You can select the number of icons you want on the home screen). you can do that via Plazmic

Well that's what I could observe in 2 hours I had it.

Cons:

1. No chat except for BBM 5. Worded perfectly
    2. The beta has a ruined media folder name and if you change that to media the default media folder icon disappears.
    3. Blackberry website does not recognise it's own phones. worded perfectly including alot of 3rd party apps.

The Official release would be a definate MUST have but the beta with lack of support is trash... I'd say wait.

Off Topic: In the memory of those who died while waiting for the official BB Jav OS 5 to release. at least we didn't nuke our phone
    Peace,
    -Areeb
    Just think of it this way... you have several people with 500+ post and a lot of people with 200+ plus post saying "no don't do it" and i have 1k plus and i even tried all of them.....

and you have one person with 4post saying "go for it".....

do the math..... it's not worth it.....
    08-07-09 03:49 PM
    I got 130 working with no issues. Using BBM5 as well with no issues. Not into social apps, so I have no issues. I do a reset every morning out of habit and have not had issues.
    08-07-09 04:44 PM
    I have the v5.0.0.130 and there are some apps that dont work like facebook - but i use the mobile site - and other apps. But all in all no big issues - i have had it freeze 1 or 2 times and a battery pull fixes it every time - but it runs great and going through my pics on my memory card is quick now and the OS does run quicker.
    Upgrade if u feel safe doing it.
    08-08-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD