ok so this is my first post. never had any problems with my curve untill today so i figured i would sign up.
    so I noticed my phone getting hot as **** in my pocket today(I hadnt been using it for hours it was just sitting there.)
    so I pull my phone out and its turned off even though I left it on.
    I turn it back on and now it just has a white screen.
    I pulled the battery and when i put it back in the indicator light was red for a couple seconds then the white scree came on, then a yellow indicator light was blinking like as if my battery was loow.
    i can hear my buttons still working but i just cant see anything.
    I have read that maybe geting the new OS on it might help......??

please help me! i live on an island and it is very hard for me to get a phone!

cal.
    06-13-10 05:21 PM
    forgot to mention its an 8530 and i have had it since xmas.
    06-13-10 05:21 PM
    Your battery is shot. Try replacing the battery. Also, you could try taking out the battery and plugging the phone in and see if it will turn on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 05:44 PM
    Take the battery off and wait till the phone is completely cold.

Then put it back in and see if it loads. It might be your battery gone coocoo for a bit due to heat. Can also mean your screen is dead. Another option is something wrong with the system.

To rule out the screen issue: with the battery out, plug the device to the charger or the pc. A no battery indicator should come up. If it doesn't, well, bye-bye screen.

To rule out software issues: After the phone gets cold, put the battey in and hold the escape key (right of trackpad). Don't let go. If the phone does not boo up after 5-7 minutes, then the OS is dead (only try after rulling out the screen issue).

Hope it's just a out of power battery thou. It happens.
    06-13-10 05:48 PM
    tried plugging it in, no luck.
    the indicator light just stayed solid red, and the screen didnt come on at all.
    06-13-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD