Hi, when I take pictures it comes out perfectly fine, but everytime I send it or upload like facebook or somewhere the pictures comes out looking weird and pixeled/distorted. What do I have to do? Also this is my first owning a Blackberry and I am a total newbie. Thanks!
    03-15-10 06:11 AM
    Check the quality you are using for the send/uploads...

If I remember right (I don't really use facebook, but do send pics via email/BBM) it will open a window with a selection of resolutions (1024x640, 800x600 and so on).

The lower the res, worse the picture. Give it a try. Maybe in the facebook option it is set for low res?
    03-15-10 07:35 AM
    When I try to send in MMS I don't see any resolution options, even for fbook. Are you talking about the pic size? Bc it is in the biggest size 1024x640, but still does that. Do I have to change my OS? Thanks!
    03-16-10 03:21 AM
    Well the camera on the phone isn't exactly going to take stunning pictures. None of the ones I ever uploaded to FB looked very good.
    03-16-10 09:45 AM
    I know, but its really weird not just only uploading to FB..but also when I just simply send pics to my friends comes out looking really horrible. When you compare to the pic on my phone and to my friend that I just sent the comparisons are unbearable. hahahaha Is it the OS because some are saying I might have to change it?
    03-16-10 08:15 PM
    Probably a bug in the current OS rev you are using.
    03-16-10 08:18 PM
    Send a picture to yourself and see how it turns out. I can send a 640x480 100kb pic to myself and when i get it its 128x96 and 2.2kb. On OS 4.5 it comes through fine, but on any version of 5.0 it gets chopped.
    03-16-10 09:33 PM
    Well right now my original version is 4.6.1.259; I never changed anything. I actually did send it to my email after reading your post (ninefall) hehe and it comes out perfecctly! However when I send it to my friends BB 8520 same model and same version comes out all weird. I really want to fix this.
    03-17-10 04:14 AM
    Well right now my original version is 4.6.1.259; I never changed anything. I actually did send it to my email after reading your post (ninefall) hehe and it comes out perfecctly! However when I send it to my friends BB 8520 same model and same version comes out all weird. I really want to fix this.
    Are you sure it's not an issue with the picture viewing on the receiving 8520?

Send it to someone else's phone.
    03-17-10 01:47 PM
    Sorry, but how do I change the picture viewing? I also tried to upload pics, but when u look at it before seeing in a bigger view the eyes and face looks all scrunched up.
    03-19-10 05:37 AM
    Hey, I've been searching the forums for a while on how to fix this issue and I think I found the solution - go to the web browser, click on the blackberry dots, go to options, General Properties and change the image quality to high (slower) ... It will indeed be slower but the pics uploaded to FB or any other place should come out non pixelated and nice =)
    06-14-10 12:51 PM
    When you upload pictures to FB for BB, the pictures are resized before they're uploaded, and that causes the pictures to be pixelated, or unclear. I just hope RIM removes the "resizing" part; it's completely unnecessary IMO.
    06-15-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD