Hi Everyone,

This is my first time asking a question, I come here everyday and everyday I learn something new. My question is what is normal free memory for the 8310? I see people having 24, 28mb's and more and I struggle to hang on to 7mb's. Maybe I have to many 3rd party apps. I had to delete Viigo and Blackberry App World because my free memory would get down to 3 to 4mb's. I have my emails set to delete every 15 days and I delete text mgs every night. I do a quick pull every morning at 4 am and I always try to remember to put my phone in sleep mode when I'm not using it. I have upgraded the OS to 4.5. I have never saw my phone have more tha 13mb's of free memory. I've had my phne about a year and it was a refurb. My phone runs pretty good even with 6mb's of free space. Thanks for all the great information. Here are the apps I have.
    Bible
    Car Finder
    CB Launcher
    Good Food Near You
    Opera Mini
    Google Maps
    Pacman
    Face Book
    UberTwitter
    Memo Pad
    Password Keeper
    Poynt
    Weather Eye

Also I do have a 1G memory card for pics and music but only have 12 wallpapers and not much music. And one theme that I downloaded. Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:22 PM
    Your 8310, like all the first generation consumer BlackBerry has 64 Mb of Flash Memory.

Sun Java occupies 10 Mb, an optimized build will be about 40 Mb, leaving 14 Mb free for applications. Removing native programs can increase that to about 20 Mb.

The application you have installed are sharing the available memory with your data. You have pretty well reached the limit.
    08-18-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the info. I guess its time to upgrade to the Bold since I have more apps than I said.

AP News
    Quick Launch
    Quick Pull
    Buzz Me
    CNN

Thanks again!
    08-18-09 01:39 PM
    I think the 8330 Curve has 96 mb of memory, giving you much more flexibility. Unfortunately, that is a CDMA device and will not run on AT&T.
    08-18-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD