"Around 25% of the time to hang up the phone you have to hold the button instead of pressing it once. Everything else works perfectly"

What type of problem is this?
    Thanks ladies and gents.
    05-21-10 06:20 AM
    Never heard of it. My 8900 hangs up normally.
    05-21-10 07:40 AM
    My 8900 hangs up fine. One press of the button and the call's ended.
    05-21-10 09:47 AM
    Use the button test diagnostic and see if the button is registering clicks every time it is pressed. You'll have to search on how to get to this diagnostic, I don't remember off hand. You go to options and then have to enter some code. It will test the trackball and all buttons.
    05-21-10 10:10 AM
    did you install some wierd software?
    i met this issue before ,the reason is i installed a software called "call assistant“ this software made my phone like what you described
    05-30-10 07:47 AM
    Use the button test diagnostic and see if the button is registering clicks every time it is pressed. You'll have to search on how to get to this diagnostic, I don't remember off hand. You go to options and then have to enter some code. It will test the trackball and all buttons.
    For Self Diagnostic test. Go to > Options then status and type the word " test "

select what do you want to test ( in your case Keyboard and Trackball ) then hit Run

see if you have to press the End/Power Button hard for it to show
    05-30-10 10:56 AM
    happened to me with my menu button...
    i just sprayed compressed air into the button.
    05-30-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD