Hello everyone. Today, I got my hands on a trial version of Jivetalk. I love it. Everything about its interface to the ease of the program is simply phenominal. I was on Jivetalk for about 3 hrs constantly msging various contacts from Windows Live Messenger to AIM. I was thinking to myself, 'Wow this is perfect.'

BUT then I saw my battery. It drained about 35%. Do you guys use this program even in spite of it being a battery hog? I'm contemplating whether to buy the full version or just try it out until the trial version ends. Any thoughts?
    06-30-08 04:20 PM
    Jivetalk never killed my battery, not faster that anything that i could notice. If you keep it for the 30 days and then let it run out, you'll go through IM withdrawl. It's prolly the best IM client out there for cheap.
    06-30-08 04:22 PM
    Jivetalk is the best IM app out there you can get. There are a lot of free ones but honestly you get what you pay for. I am sure mostly everyone on CB uses jivetalk.
    06-30-08 04:23 PM
    First app I ever paid for on my BB. Totally worth it. Make sure under Preferences, "Battery Save Mode When Idle" is selected. It doesn't kill my battery that much at all.
    06-30-08 04:26 PM
    *snort* @ sunkast

Well, that's what I WANTED to do....
    06-30-08 04:32 PM
    Yup, I love Jivetalk. Think about it, most phones are rated for what, a few hours of talk time, and if you're constantly IMing, there's constant data going back and forth, plus the screen and such don't turn off (cause you need them), so IMO constant data is quite similar to talk time in terms of battery life. Try doing anything on your phone that's constantly using the radio, screen, etc. It'll suck your battery dry pretty fast.
    06-30-08 05:12 PM
    If you follow those links sunkast posted you'll find a hundred different opinions. For me it was the best of what I tried. At home where I'm right next to a cell tower it is easier on my battery but at work where it is not as good I can kill my battery in a day. Good Luck with your decision!
    06-30-08 05:12 PM
    I bought it =)
    06-30-08 05:23 PM
    Jive talk is the best! Worth it if you really need your IM clients. If there was any software to pay for, this is it!
    06-30-08 05:25 PM
    Extremely overrated app.
    Paid for it, rarely use it.
    06-30-08 05:36 PM
    I like jivetalk best when it's done by Barbara Billingsley in the movie Airplane.

Randy: Can I get you something?
    Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
    Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
    First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
    Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
    Randy: Oh, good.
    Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
    Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
    Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
    Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
    Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
    First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
    Jive Lady: Jive *** dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!
    06-30-08 05:38 PM
    in for the coupon...do you know if the UPGRDE code still works?
    06-30-08 05:50 PM
    Well played shadeyguy1, well played.

I bought jivetalk, but I don't use it. It is a great app and is very useful if you have multiple accounts on one network. But I like the way the standard apps integrate with the messages and the icon notification for incoming messages.
    06-30-08 06:06 PM
    *snort* @ sunkast

Well, that's what I WANTED to do....
    You gotta realize that I have all these text files saved with links for various topics. This one was called "jive talk worth it.txt." Some of these questions get asked so often that it's just easier to save a copy of whatever link or text I used for the previous poster asking a question.
    06-30-08 06:16 PM
    is there any sound on the AIM for jivetalk? If so, how do u set it? Thanks!
    07-01-08 12:18 AM
    i bought it too and i will never go to any other IM program
    07-01-08 12:43 AM
    Jivetalk is awesome and it's not a battery hog....Maybe something else is draining you battery....It's the best 3rd party app I have got for my BB
    07-01-08 01:02 AM
    is there any sound on the AIM for jivetalk? If so, how do u set it? Thanks!
    does anybody know? =/
    07-01-08 01:06 AM
    You have to change your profile option for JiveTalk. It wont be a sound for just AIM but for whatever accounts you are signed into on Jive.
    07-01-08 09:54 AM
    You gotta realize that I have all these text files saved with links for various topics. This one was called "jive talk worth it.txt." Some of these questions get asked so often that it's just easier to save a copy of whatever link or text I used for the previous poster asking a question.
    hahahaha!! And that is why I love you Sunkast! That is purely amazing!

Devotion at its finest
    07-01-08 10:02 AM
    As for my JiveTalk praise...

GET IT!!

The app is purely amazing!! totally worth the money... and you can usually find a coupon!!

A major advantage is also the ability to use the app on WiFi only!! All TMo customers listen!! If you do not have the data plan on your Berry, you can use WiFi only!!

(as for coupons... I thik we should have a thread dedicated to applcation coupons and discounts... that would be sick! )
    07-01-08 10:06 AM
    I bought it awhile ago...and I LOVE IT!!
    07-01-08 11:59 AM
    Bought it today with the $5 off coupon code "IPRELAY". Only works for the device license. Buy the device license then do a user license upgrade for $10. $25.00 total.
    07-01-08 12:05 PM
    (as for coupons... I thik we should have a thread dedicated to applcation coupons and discounts... that would be sick! )
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wan...nna-buy-40291/
    07-01-08 12:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD