View Poll Results: keep the 8520 or get the 8330?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 90.00%
  • no

1 10.00%
    wow.....

so in the past three weeks, i have tried 3 different carriers. it started with alltel when it was time to renew and i got a curve 8330 for the wife and i with an out of cost pocket for 200 total. a week later, got to a sprint dealer and ended up getting two curve 8330's for free and a cheaper plan than i had with alltel.

now today, while at the damn mall, i stopped and started talking to the t-mobile fellows. wasn't really interested in switching, but, after a bit of talking, found that i could get a plan that would work a lot better for me for just a few dollars more.

the kicker, was that i was able to get two 8520's for free.

having been playing with the phone, it's cool, the trackpad is nicer, but the feel of it, it feels so delicate.

i am contemplating taking it back and getting the 8330.

the question:

should i go back to 8330? how much longer for 8330 support?

thanks!
    08-15-09 09:56 PM
    poll question is kind of confusing. does "yes" mean keep the 8520 or get the 8330? anyway.

I've yet to receive my 8520 in the mail. but it's supposed to be the update to 83xx-series. nothing groundbreaking. whichever device you prefer would be the right device for you.

that being said, i've read more positive reviews about the trackpad navigation compared to the trackball. it has a slightly adjustment period but i hear people get positively accustomed to it. if the delicate trackpad is the only concern, you might have to use the 8520 for a little while to determine...

Or.. if you got your two 8520's without a contract, you can always sell those devices and use the 8330.
    08-16-09 12:19 AM
    apologies about the confusion, the yes was for keeping the 8520. i do like it, but the question is mainly drawn from the fact that the 8520 seems to be less sturdy than the 8330, but that aside, appears to be better in terms of o.s. and electronics, so that should be more important than looks.

i think i will give the 8520 a week.

and yes, the track pad is much better than the trackball, so that is the first plus.
    08-16-09 12:55 AM
    Keep the 8520 it is a good stable phone. Its seems fragile but its way far from delicate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 07:19 AM
    I say keep the 8520 just for the memory, processor, and the trackpad.
    08-16-09 10:57 AM
    i'll tell you that i like the switching to wifi while at home.
    08-16-09 01:11 PM
    I have both and after using the 8520 for a week would have to say I like things about both but really like the 8520 better. It is a good phone that can do almost everything the 83xx series can except GPS and a screen rez. but to be honest I havent noticed that big of a difference in the screen.
    08-21-09 04:59 PM
    Honestly, I got the frost colored 8520 a day or two after they came out, and I was so disappointed, I took it back to the tmo store, and got my upgrade back. The 8520 seemed so cheap, and i could actually see the light bulbs through the front keypad, when they lit up!! Now I waited a couple weeks, and I decided to give the black a second chance, so i picked one up at walmart for 48.88. I cant see the bulbs through the front of this one, and i added a clear shell and it actually bulked it up to make it feel like a decent device. Im satisfied with this one this time, not to mention i have loaded it up with the elicite themes, and i think that bothered me too, not having decent themes the first time around. But i would keep the 8520 if i were you, they really arent as bad as i first thought, but do get the black!!
    08-21-09 11:41 PM
    Honestly, I got the frost colored 8520 a day or two after they came out, and I was so disappointed, I took it back to the tmo store, and got my upgrade back. The 8520 seemed so cheap, and i could actually see the light bulbs through the front keypad, when they lit up!! Now I waited a couple weeks, and I decided to give the black a second chance, so i picked one up at walmart for 48.88. I cant see the bulbs through the front of this one, and i added a clear shell and it actually bulked it up to make it feel like a decent device. Im satisfied with this one this time, not to mention i have loaded it up with the elicite themes, and i think that bothered me too, not having decent themes the first time around. But i would keep the 8520 if i were you, they really arent as bad as i first thought, but do get the black!!
    Where did you get a clear shell?
    08-22-09 07:31 AM
    I actually went in the local tmobile store and they had a starter kit for the 8520, which was more expensive than I would have normally paid at 29.99, but I used the option to cut it into 4 payments on my bill. However I am considering returnin it because it don't have a clip on it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD