I bought a Seidio 2600 extended battery for my 8330. All I get is a screen that shows a battery with a line through it. No charging light and is the same if I have it on usb charger or no charger at all. My oem battery works fine.

Bad luck and bad battery or is something else going on here?
    11-15-08 07:17 AM
    Either a bad battery or this battery is not compatable with your phone
    11-15-08 07:32 AM
    Battery is compatible so it's a bad battery. I'm not having much luck here getting my curve where I want it.

I sent an email to the ebay seller, of course no response yet. I'll have to file a compliant with paypal I guess next to get some response. FWIW the ebay seller is khb_tx and the listing was here.

Seidio 2600 Battery, Blackberry 8800/8820/8830, Black - eBay (item 250303773475 end time Dec-02-08 13:27:28 PST)
    11-15-08 08:36 AM
    Remark: eMobile in Hand is Seidio's Authorized Dealer. All products carry the manufacturer warranty. To see the complete product list, please visit us at eMobile in Hand eBay store.

(taken from the auction Jlacy posted)

...judging from that you shouldn't be having trouble getting in touch with them, or once you do get in touch, shouldn't have problems getting a replacement. Good luck though!
    11-15-08 08:59 AM
    Give the eBay seller a chance to respond. He's a power seller with a high rating. I would bet that you will get a response and they'll make good on the battery.

Ebay is a tough place to sell these days with its new rating system... it's very hard for sellers to keep up their eBay reputation since it's solely based on positive feedback.

My guess would be that they will replace the battery. Good luck!
    11-15-08 09:02 AM
    Yes, give him a chance to replace it, I got one for my 8330 and I absolutely love it. I put it in my husbans phone actually, he works in a hospital and his roams all day looking for service while inside some of the rooms, so the battery drains quickly, however with the ex batter it keeps a charge for about 4 days now! Good luck, you will be pleased once you get one that works...soooo worth it
    11-15-08 09:08 AM
    Oh hey, that is not the right one for your 8330! You need a different one
    [url=http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-2600mAh-Extended-Blackberry/dp/
    Last edited by jakeandjoysmom; 11-15-08 at 09:25 AM.
    11-15-08 09:10 AM
    Thanks, I called Seidio yesterday trying to find a battery cover for this battery that does not work. They told me to go to emoblieathand.com. I could not find it and Seidio said they did not sell the extended battery cover separately, it was a vicious circle. Not only do I not have a battery, I don't have a cover that fits.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but buying something then waiting, then having it arrive is not fun and is time consuming and frustrating.
    11-15-08 09:11 AM
    gee, you are right, I miss read it. 8830 not 8330. I'm upset at myself now.
    11-15-08 09:16 AM
    Aww, don't be upset with yourself just get him to replace or refund and get the right one, you really will love it. Here is where I got mine [url=http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-2600mAh-Extended-Blackberry/dp/
    Last edited by jakeandjoysmom; 11-15-08 at 09:25 AM.
    11-15-08 09:20 AM
    This battery fits though fine. It's the same 3.7 v. I just can't see the difference.
    11-15-08 09:27 AM
    I dont know the difference either, but there is something that makes it for only the others because it is not compatable, also the back cover is not right. The one I got from Amazon was actually the same price as the ebay one, only the shipping was cheaper on Amazon. You can get a refund, all you will loose is the shipping charges.
    11-15-08 09:36 AM
    If he will refund the "stupid" people that is. No wonder I couldn't figure out how to get the battery door to work. A 50.00 mistake. I hate wasting money.
    11-15-08 09:39 AM
    I looked at his site and it does say only exchange, and I looked further and he does not have one for the 8330. Perhaps you could sell it on here to someone that can use it, or just email the ebay seller and explain to him the situation and ask him if he could please refund or exchange for one that will fit your phone. If you are nice then he may consider the refund. Just dont be too frustrated, its not worth it, I know its a lot of money, but you will get it worked out
    11-15-08 09:48 AM
    11-15-08 09:51 AM
    Tell seidio that you already have the battery but you broke the cover. They sold me one for 14.95 and 3.95 shipping when I did that a few weeks ago. I dropped my phone and broke the cover and told them upfront I bought it through a retailer and they helped me out. They will send you a questionnaire to fill out so they know what to send but they will sell one to you that works.

As for the battery, I have the same one and no issues. Sorry but yeah, I think you got a bad battery. Sometimes that happens and cannot be forseen but like has been said here, they are warrantied.
    11-15-08 10:19 AM
    Maybe I got a lousy Seidio rep yesterday, she told me I needed an order number. I told her I didn't order from them and she told me to contact emihand. It's a circle of confusion. I'll start the battle again next week with everyone. If I had known all this, I would have not bought it. It shouldn't be this hard, buy something, and it works so I can move on. Not so this time.

I'll get them to exchange it and be out shipping.
    Last edited by Jlacy; 11-15-08 at 11:05 AM.
    11-15-08 10:59 AM
    Tell seidio that you already have the battery but you broke the cover. They sold me one for 14.95 and 3.95 shipping when I did that a few weeks ago. I dropped my phone and broke the cover and told them upfront I bought it through a retailer and they helped me out. They will send you a questionnaire to fill out so they know what to send but they will sell one to you that works.

As for the battery, I have the same one and no issues. Sorry but yeah, I think you got a bad battery. Sometimes that happens and cannot be forseen but like has been said here, they are warrantied.
    Not really, this person just needs to exchange for the one that is compatable with their 8330 curve, they will only be out the shipping, and that wont be very much. The battery they got was for the 8830, thus the reason for it not working properly and the cover not fitting the phone, it's an easy fix.
    11-15-08 02:29 PM
    It will end fine. Emobileinhand is doing an exchange. All I have to pay in 3.95 for shipping. They gave me an RMA# and the other battery is on it's way back to them already. I may take a week or so, but progress is being made.
    11-18-08 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD