I'm [impatiently] awaiting the possible release of the 8330 Curve for Verizon, but I'm starting to feel it may never come. I love Verizon because they are the only carrier with great reception where I live (the middle of nowhere) but their phone selection isn't the greatest (I've had the one I'm using now for over three years). The point of all this is I'm now considering just moving over to AT&T (they're the only carrier that gets near as good reception as Verizon out here) and getting either the 8300 or the 8310. Are there any significant differences between the two or are they essentially the same phones?

Thanks in advance. :]
    02-15-08 10:39 PM
    The only BIG difference is the 8300 does NOT have the GPS built in and the 8310 DOES have the GPS built into it!

Click
    02-15-08 10:42 PM
    That's pretty much it, although some have said the build quality is better on their 8310 than was on their 8300 (they had issues with dust getting under the screen, which supposedly the 8310 doesn't). Some reports are saying the the 8330 by April, other still say June, and there is now a third gorup that says that Verizon has decided to pass on the 8330 altogether. I feel your pain, as when I had Verizon I hated their attitude of telling you what phone to get (to totalitarian, as reports are that Apple approached them first and they passed on the Iphone as well, cause Apple had to many requirements that the Big V didn't like). You could also look into T-Mo with the talk-forever using wifi when the signal is weak (if it is only within your home where the problem is then you could use the wifi when at home to get great reception there as well, but if it is the entire area you live in, yeah skip it and go with a provider that offers service everywhere for you).
    Last edited by squeakr; 02-16-08 at 03:42 AM.
    02-16-08 03:35 AM
    Thanks, Click and Squeakr.

I'm thinking I might try out the Pearl for 30 days and see how that goes. The only uncertainty I have with it is the SureType keypad. I'm a master at T9 so I'm sure I could get pretty fast with ST, but the idea of a QWERTY just seems so much better with typing eMails and SMS.
    This is terrible when you're as indecisive as I am.

Again, thanks for the input! It helped out a lot.
    02-16-08 11:10 AM
    That's pretty much it, although some have said the build quality is better on their 8310 than was on their 8300 (they had issues with dust getting under the screen, which supposedly the 8310 doesn't). Some reports are saying the the 8330 by April, other still say June, and there is now a third gorup that says that Verizon has decided to pass on the 8330 altogether. I feel your pain, as when I had Verizon I hated their attitude of telling you what phone to get (to totalitarian, as reports are that Apple approached them first and they passed on the Iphone as well, cause Apple had to many requirements that the Big V didn't like). You could also look into T-Mo with the talk-forever using wifi when the signal is weak (if it is only within your home where the problem is then you could use the wifi when at home to get great reception there as well, but if it is the entire area you live in, yeah skip it and go with a provider that offers service everywhere for you).
    My New 8310 has dust on it after only 3 -4 weeks of usage.
    02-16-08 01:23 PM
    had dust under the screen of my 8310 in a week. AT&T replaced it with a new one, and so far no dust.
    02-16-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD