Hi, im kind if looking into my old stuff and I found my old BlackBerry 9300. I guess I wanted to give it a new life and load the latest OS on it, so can you help me out with these questions:

1) im loading via BBSAK, is it true that is safe to load an OS even if its for a different Carrier? Like I'm gonna use a Rogers OS Even if I'm using the phone in Asia? Cause I read that the are no difference if I do, is it true?

2) what is the latest OS version for BlackBerry OS 6?

3) If number 1 is true, what is the carrier that gives out the LATEST OS version? Is it Rogers? Because its in Canada?

4) so I need the bb desktop manager or not when using bbsak? I dont need to back up my phone by the way

Many thanks guys

Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-23-13 12:41 PM
    Hi, im kind if looking into my old stuff and I found my old BlackBerry 9300. I guess I wanted to give it a new life and load the latest OS on it, so can you help me out with these questions:

1) im loading via BBSAK, is it true that is safe to load an OS even if its for a different Carrier? Like I'm gonna use a Rogers OS Even if I'm using the phone in Asia? Cause I read that the are no difference if I do, is it true?
    Yes that is true, BBSAK is best to wipe your device with, then use loader.exe to install the OS

2) what is the latest OS version for BlackBerry OS 6?
    For your particular device http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-spain-811355/

3) If number 1 is true, what is the carrier that gives out the LATEST OS version? Is it Rogers? Because its in Canada?
    As above, as long as you delete vendor.xml

4) so I need the bb desktop manager or not when using bbsak? I dont need to back up my phone by the way

Many thanks guys

Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
    Just use BBSAK and install the OS and use loader.exe BBDM is more trouble than it's worth.
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 01:22 PM
    1. You can load any carrier's OS, yes. However...make sure you get a 9300-specific OS (and not, say, a 9780 build.) Also, if you want a build with Asian language support, make sure you get an AllLang release.

2. Probably 6.0.0.756, posted as a sticky here. There is a lower number AllLang build posted there as well.

3. There's no hard and fast predictor. In my opinion, non-North American carriers release newer builds more frequently. But this is just an opinion.
    popengchan likes this.
    11-23-13 01:23 PM