I installed the desktop software for my blackberry, plugged in the phone and all things went south from there..to make a long story short I was on the phone to tech support for four hours trying to get my phone to work.
    The long and short of it was, when we were done the phone will make and receive calls, and I can get on the internet, but all my applications and games are gone.
    I know that sounds ungrateful, but my husband is facing renal failure and we spend so much time in the drs offices...I use the memo pad to note all med changes..etc. etc. I used the docs to go to save files..(that I think I might be able to buy) and the games well they keep me from being nuts as I wait.
    Is there anyway to get those things back...there are lots of other things too that were lost..icons such as password keeper, help files, keyboard lock, enhanced gmail plug in...lots of other things too...The tech said it was set like it came from the factory..but it is not set like it was when i bought it.
    Is it all a lost cause?
    Thanks for any help you can give me...
    08-15-10 11:52 AM
    Try to go into the Desktop Manager, then Application Loader. I think you might be able to add it back on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:14 PM
    You should download and install the OS version for your BlackBerry onto your computer.

Then follow the steps above and be sure to check off the applications that you want to install.
    08-15-10 02:02 PM
    Try to go into the Desktop Manager, then Application Loader. I think you might be able to add it back on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would go to the desktop manager, open the applications loader and then plug in my phone?
    08-15-10 02:31 PM
    You should download and install the OS version for your BlackBerry onto your computer.

Then follow the steps above and be sure to check off the applications that you want to install.
    Ok now don't fall over laughing about my ignorance, I am old and this is my first fancy phone...
    How would I go about installing the operating system for my phone on my computer?
    08-15-10 02:34 PM
    Well, you haven't told us what device you have.

But go to the forum section for that device model (if you have the Curve 83xx, the this is the section), look at the stickied threads at the top of that forum section. Find the one for your EXACT model.

The instructions and download links are there.

Or go here from your computer. https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/
    08-15-10 02:40 PM
    A handful of useful things to know would be:
    1. As Motorcycle Mama said, what kind of device are you using?
    2. If you're not sure, what carrier do you use? This can help narrow that down.
    3. Do you use a PC or a Mac for your computer system? This will radically change how trying to fix your phone will go since the software for Mac is very different from the software for Windows.
    4. Do you recall if the computer said it was making a Back Up of your phone at any point during what you did earlier today?
    08-15-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD