I got the 8530 as soon as it dropped from VZW. I love it to death but I don't think it loves me. I've spoke quite highly of this device on more than a few occasions on Crackberry but they just keep dying on me. Since Dec of 09, I've had three of them and on this past Sunday evening, # 3 died on me. All the same problem; the device starts to get very hot and within an hour, it's dead. The batt tanks, the device dies, it won't change and it won't come back on. Pop a new batt in and it quickly heats up and does the same thing. I don't care what anyone says, it's defective. My 4th will be here today and to be honest, I really don't even want the phone anymore. VZW told me that it is a known problem that RIM is aware of that was supposedly fixed and despite me receiving another one in May, I must have received one of the bad ones still in stock. I'm so sick of hear that. If it happens again, I'm going to ask for a Bold. I've been a loyal customer along with the four other lines on my account and this phone is not living up to it's side of the deal. I wanted WIFI, I wanted the track-pad, I wanted more memory and the Bold has all. Let's see if they will try to make me happy. I have bragged more about this phone and at my job where we use Blackberries, mines is the only one out of about 50 devices that keeps breaking down! Everyone else with a company phone has a GSM berry; ATT and there has only been two occasions when a company Berry has gone bad. Go figure. I'm starting to believe the CDMA Berries aren't made as well as their GSM counterpart. I was told this before and I didn't believe it but, maybe I should.
    07-13-10 02:22 AM
    I don't believe there's a difference in build quality. Unfortunately, it seems you keep getting defective devices. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 07:19 AM
    I don't think network differences has something to do with the build quality of the phone, like what princebb said. CDMA BBs might drain a little more battery than GSM BBs.

Also, what do you do that makes your BlackBerry to start getting hot? Do you close apps properly? Charge it regularly? Did you install any apps before it started happening? etc...
    07-13-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD