Hello everyone, thank you for the awesome community and massive amount of information. I just got my Curve in the mail today, but I have been reading the newbies and 101 sections this last couple of days.

The title of my questions is because of this... I purchased my Curve on eBay, the auction was by a seller active since 2002, over 98% positive feedback, it was actually a store and he had about 20 for sale, and listed and brand new, in box.

What scared me a little is that the box was not sealed, the little plastic sticker was opened. Everything else inside seems brand new and sealed. The Curve has all the plastic protectors in place, charger and USB cable are sealed, etc. I'm assuming this was done to check contents were all inside the box.

I'm coming from the Windows Mobile side, and when I turn on a WM for the first time there's a small tutorial, couple of settings, etc. I was expecting something alike, however, the Curve just went to the Main screen. There was also 1 new message from Sprint welcoming to the device dated April 5th, 2008.

I cannot see Sprint TV or the Music Store, granted I haven't activated it or ran the setup wizard because Sprint activations closed at 11 PM and for some reason it won't let me activate online.

But I was just curious that this is the way BBs are supposed to look like when turned on for the first time.

Thanks in advance for any possible assistance!

BTW, can BBs be "hard reset"? If so, any tips on how to do that?
    Last edited by Pibe38; 06-22-08 at 02:27 AM.
    06-22-08 02:24 AM
    Well this must have been turned on before you, because the first time I turned on mine I got a little set up thing. So perhaps it was started up to see that it was functional. I wouldn't worry too much, and once you call sprint for TV and music store, i'm sure it will be fine.

Still relatively new to BB though so the subject of hard reset i'm unsure. I do THINK they can, but i'm not exactly sure how. Anyone else?
    06-22-08 02:49 AM
    yeah since it was purchased on ebay the seller probably did want to make sure that the phone was indeed working...i ordered mine direct from the sprint website and yes it did come sealed...but like stated earlier that's not anything to worry about...once you call sprint and have it activated the phone will reset anyway and new options will appear in the menu area anyway and then it will more then likely go through the setup wizard again...also when you are in the menu area you can click on the menu button and click "show all" and all the icons that may be hidden will show...ive only had mine for a little over a week so i am still learning as well
    06-22-08 05:19 AM
    There is a hard reset function, BlackBerry calls it "Wipe Handheld"
    Heres how to access it:
    Blackberry button -> options -> security ->trackball -> wipe handheld -> continue -> type blackberry

Dont forget to do a backup before you wipe!
    06-22-08 06:56 AM
    Sprint TV and Music Store are in a folder called entertainment. Check that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 11:24 AM
    Welcome to CB. Everything should be fine with your Curve enjoy. Do a wipe if you so desire like shooptek said back it up.
    06-22-08 11:30 AM
    Thanks everyone for the welcome posts and information.

You were all right, everything is working very well after activating and I found all the Sprint apps after it reset.

I'm starting to familiarize myself now with it, it is actually more intuitive than I though.

The one thing I have kinda noticed is that the screen is not as bright as I thought it'd be, but it has not affected the way the screen looks.

Now... to figure out how e-mail works and how to get my contacts and appointments from mail2web on it
    06-22-08 04:12 PM
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the screen dims/brightens depending on the surrounding light in your viscinity (and the keyboard backlight turns on off in the same manner). So if it's dark, it will dim since you can already see the light fine....i think that's how it works.
    06-22-08 05:47 PM
    yeap thats right
    06-22-08 08:52 PM
    That explains a lot...

I've been installing apps and themes already. I also found out than getting Hotmail delivered to the BB is more of a hit and miss than a science thing
    06-22-08 09:49 PM
    Welcome to the best place on earth!
    06-22-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD