This is compared to other older BB models(8320,8100,ect)

Like:
    I like how the 8900 looks cleaner than all the older models(obviously)
    I love the trackball
    The two buttons up top are cool to
    The OS is good, alot better than the 8320 in many ways(even the short keys)
    THE HD SCREEN!

Dislike:
    I like how the 8320 feels in my hand better. The 8320 is more rounded on the back side of the phone.
    The keyboard is also better for me on the 8320
    The side buttons are way more stable...the 8900 buttons seem low quality. On the 8320 the left button is rubberized and they all feel VERY good. My 8900 buttons are all wiggly.
    The 4 top row keys feel better on the 8320 because they are bumpy...while the 8900 its flat.
    Micro USB? Come on RIM...wtf?
    Last edited by kasparp; 08-24-09 at 03:43 AM.
    08-24-09 02:44 AM
    Never had another blackberry so I can't really compare. My brother has the 8320 and since I never got used to typing on that the 8900 keyboard seems more at home. He says my handset is a drastic improvement over his.
    I think the only complaint must be the random restarts and the slow blackberry browser. I am very satisfied by opera mini tho. I don't get how a third party software can be faster than the oem browser. Cmon rim! Fix the damn browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 03:24 AM
    This should get a lot of bites. It's my first BB, so I don't have a lot of reference.

Like:
    the feel/finish
    it's not a ME TOO! iPhone!
    UMA is huge
    Apps are getting better - Pandora
    Sound quality of external speaker
    Video

Hate:
    Charger/Headphone on SIDE of phone?!?!?!
    Screen size, but can't have everything.
    Should be able to scroll thru pictures easier
    08-24-09 03:34 AM
    I also added something...I hate how they made the 8900 Micro USB. Practically everything now a days uses Mini USB. I have to get a new car charger and sync cable now.
    08-24-09 03:42 AM
    Chrome trim. It adds a lot to aesthetics, IMO.
    HIGH resolution screen!
    Two-stage camera key. The G1 [allegedly has autofocus but the camera focuses and snaps the pic on it's own after you press the shutter key with horrible end results.
    UMA calling is a HUGE plus!
    The OS is pretty stable and fast(compared to other OSes I've used in the past)

Dislikes:
    The phones is a bit too small for my liking. The 8320 felt nice in my hand with it's added size and heft.
    Changing the MicroSD card is a chore in itself.
    Micro USB. Mini USB, please...
    A larger screen would have been nice.
    I liked the light-up trackball of the 8320.

Other Thoughts:
    I haven't figured out how to tether yet but there may be something I'm missing...
    08-24-09 06:01 AM
    Like:

1. Incredible screen resolution
    2. Sleek look
    3. Thinnest BB out there makes it feel great in the hand
    4. 1st BB I've owned with GPS
    5. Physical keyboard lock button
    6. UMA the best (I've had it before and I use it extensively at home)

Dislike:

1. Only thing I can think of is I wish it had the keyboard of the 8830 which is very easy to type on. The 8900 keyboard is a little cramped but nothing I can't live with.
    Last edited by clitrenta; 08-24-09 at 07:52 AM.
    08-24-09 07:49 AM
    If this phone were a teeny bit bigger and had 3g I would not be tempted by the upcoming 9700.
    08-24-09 08:10 AM
    If this phone were a teeny bit bigger and had 3g I would not be tempted by the upcoming 9700.
    I know everybody raves about 3G but it just isn't that big of an issue for me. For the amount of time I'm on the internet, I can live with the 8900. I love the look and feel of this phone. Who knows, the 9700 may have its own issues. You know what they say about a "bird in the hand" and all that.
    08-24-09 08:46 AM
    I have owned both the Pearl and the 8320 Curve. I love everything about the 8900 except that I cant seem to find anyway to change the default size of web pages to something larger so my eyes can actually read them. On my 8320 the print on all web pages was twice the size as that on the 8900. Am I missing something? I know I can zoom in but that can be frustrating.

Thanx
    08-24-09 09:31 AM
    I like the spacebar, I hate the enter key. I like hot dogs but hate mustard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 10:49 AM
    I have owned both the Pearl and the 8320 Curve. I love everything about the 8900 except that I cant seem to find anyway to change the default size of web pages to something larger so my eyes can actually read them. On my 8320 the print on all web pages was twice the size as that on the 8900. Am I missing something? I know I can zoom in but that can be frustrating.

Thanx
    Go to your browser, options, general properties, minimum font size should be 10, default view should be column.
    08-24-09 11:29 AM
    I have an 8900 now, but owned a 8310 and 9000 previously.

Gorgeous screen resolution
    Better trackball
    MicroSD is now easily accessible compared to 8310
    Aesthetics are excellent
    Size is better compared to 9000 and 8310

Dislikes:
    Keyboard on 8310 seem better to me IMO
    4 buttons on top of keyboard aren't rounded as before
    08-24-09 11:31 AM
    I have an 8900 now, but owned a 8310 and 9000 previously.

Gorgeous screen resolution
    Better trackball
    MicroSD is now easily accessible compared to 8310
    Aesthetics are excellent
    Size is better compared to 9000 and 8310

Dislikes:
    Keyboard on 8310 seem better to me IMO
    4 buttons on top of keyboard aren't rounded as before
    Yep...I liked the Curves keyboard and the 4 buttons to be rounded.

Chrome trim. It adds a lot to aesthetics, IMO.
    HIGH resolution screen!
    Two-stage camera key. The G1 [allegedly has autofocus but the camera focuses and snaps the pic on it's own after you press the shutter key with horrible end results.
    UMA calling is a HUGE plus!
    The OS is pretty stable and fast(compared to other OSes I've used in the past)

Dislikes:
    The phones is a bit too small for my liking. The 8320 felt nice in my hand with it's added size and heft.
    Changing the MicroSD card is a chore in itself.
    Micro USB. Mini USB, please...
    A larger screen would have been nice.
    I liked the light-up trackball of the 8320.

Other Thoughts:
    I haven't figured out how to tether yet but there may be something I'm missing...
    I fully agree on everything you just went over. I like a little bit of heftness and something that feels nice and durable in my hands. My dads curve feels alot better in my hand and just feels more stable.

Tethering is an issue to...why? Well because the guy I got my phone from gave me a MicroUSB cable that I'm pretty sure doesnt have enough pins to work for my BB. Im trying to find out because Im not about to spend like 15 dollars at BestBuy for a 2 foot cord.

Anyone wanna send me one lol?
    08-24-09 12:20 PM
    Disklikes:
    -lack of 3G
    -keyboard
    08-24-09 12:20 PM
    Dislike:
    I like how the 8320 feels in my hand better. The 8320 is more rounded on the back side of the phone.
    The keyboard is also better for me on the 8320
    The side buttons are way more stable...the 8900 buttons seem low quality. On the 8320 the left button is rubberized and they all feel VERY good. My 8900 buttons are all wiggly.
    The 4 top row keys feel better on the 8320 because they are bumpy...while the 8900 its flat.
    Micro USB? Come on RIM...wtf?
    A few things here. For the size, look into getting a Seidio Innocase II. That really is a great case that many members here at Crackberry use and recommend. It does add a bit of bulk to the 8900 that makes it more like the size of the 83xx. Keyboard is subjective for sure. There is no Blackberry keyboard on any model device that satisfies all users. I do think, however, you will get used to it over time and grow to like it. If you can't get used to it then you will want to consider switching to another device since the keyboard is such an important aspect of the device.

I also added something...I hate how they made the 8900 Micro USB. Practically everything now a days uses Mini USB. I have to get a new car charger and sync cable now.
    Micro USB is the new accepted standard USB connection. This will begin to show up on all devices in the future, RIM is just ahead of the game. You can still use your old Mini-USB cables, you just need to get an adapter like this:

Amazon.com: Mot Mini-USB to Micro-USB Char: Cell Phones & Service

Thanx
    As mentioned, you just need to set the default from page to column view and then adjust the default font size.
    08-24-09 12:42 PM
    A few things here. For the size, look into getting a Seidio Innocase II. That really is a great case that many members here at Crackberry use and recommend. It does add a bit of bulk to the 8900 that makes it more like the size of the 83xx. Keyboard is subjective for sure. There is no Blackberry keyboard on any model device that satisfies all users. I do think, however, you will get used to it over time and grow to like it. If you can't get used to it then you will want to consider switching to another device since the keyboard is such an important aspect of the device.

Micro USB is the new accepted standard USB connection. This will begin to show up on all devices in the future, RIM is just ahead of the game. You can still use your old Mini-USB cables, you just need to get an adapter like this:

Amazon.com: Mot Mini-USB to Micro-USB Char: Cell Phones & Service

As mentioned, you just need to set the default from page to column view and then adjust the default font size.
    Wow thanks alot. If I purchased a 8320 keyboard could it be installed onto my 8900?

I dont really like cases that engulf the whole device. I like seeing the shiny techy phone in all its glory if you know what I mean. Cases just kinda kill phones IMO. I might just black my 8900 out and get a new keyboard
    Last edited by kasparp; 08-24-09 at 01:07 PM.
    08-24-09 01:05 PM
    Go to your browser, options, general properties, minimum font size should be 10, default view should be column.
    Thanks for the tips about the default view & font size. I usually just zoom in & out. Never really gave much thought on a permanant fix but this is much more time effective & simpler!
    08-24-09 01:14 PM
    Wow thanks alot. If I purchased a 8320 keyboard could it be installed onto my 8900?

I dont really like cases that engulf the whole device. I like seeing the shiny techy phone in all its glory if you know what I mean. Cases just kinda kill phones IMO. I might just black my 8900 out and get a new keyboard
    No problem, and you are welcome. The 83xx keyboard will not fit in the 8900, sorry.

The Innocase II really doesn't add much bulk to your device at all but it does add some. Anyway, just look into it. If you don't want a case then I at least suggest that you get an Best Skin Ever type protection on your device.

Thanks for the tips about the default view & font size. I usually just zoom in & out. Never really gave much thought on a permanant fix but this is much more time effective & simpler!
    Just to add, you can also press the Z button on your keyboard to quickly switch between page and column view. It only works on the page you are currently viewing as a "toggle" of the feature. When you refresh the page or navigate to another one, it will revert back to your default option.
    08-24-09 01:24 PM
    No problem, and you are welcome. The 83xx keyboard will not fit in the 8900, sorry.

The Innocase II really doesn't add much bulk to your device at all but it does add some. Anyway, just look into it. If you don't want a case then I at least suggest that you get an Best Skin Ever type protection on your device.

Just to add, you can also press the Z button on your keyboard to quickly switch between page and column view. It only works on the page you are currently viewing as a "toggle" of the feature. When you refresh the page or navigate to another one, it will revert back to your default option.
    Yeah I'm a picky guy though. I had the BSE on my old TMobile G1 and it looked horrible with it on. You could still notice that its there and ehh....I just dont like it.

I hate cases in general. I prefer the feel and look of the actual device over anything.
    08-24-09 01:31 PM
    Yeah I'm a picky guy though. I had the BSE on my old TMobile G1 and it looked horrible with it on. You could still notice that its there and ehh....I just dont like it.

I hate cases in general. I prefer the feel and look of the actual device over anything.
    I hear ya. I just personally prefer the look of a case to the look of a scratched and nicked up device.
    08-24-09 01:34 PM
    Great thanks for the extra tip! I will try it out the next time I'm on my BB browser .
    08-24-09 02:32 PM
    I have used 8100 and 8320.
    OS way faster
    camera way better
    trackball more responsive
    Bedside mode
    more memory for app/themes

Dislikes:
    It was faster to type on the 8100 suretype but the 8900 is OK.
    Headphone on the side.
    MicroSD is a ***** to get out imo.
    MicroUSB isn't as good but I rarely use it.
    08-24-09 02:57 PM
    I have used 8100 and 8320.
    OS way faster
    camera way better
    trackball more responsive
    Bedside mode
    more memory for app/themes

Dislikes:
    It was faster to type on the 8100 suretype but the 8900 is OK.
    Headphone on the side.
    MicroSD is a ***** to get out imo.
    MicroUSB isn't as good but I rarely use it.
    Don't you need to use the micro USB to charge it AND sync it? How can you "rarely use it"?
    08-24-09 03:30 PM
    YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. THANKS FOR THAT BIT OF INFO. THIS IS WHY I LOOOOOOVE CRACKBERRY.COM... I GET ANSWERS EVEN IF I WASN'T LOOKING FOR IT AT THAT MOMENT, IT WILL BE HERE!!!

THANKS AGAIN!
    08-24-09 03:32 PM
    History: 8100 to 8310 to 9000 to 8900

Much better camera
    Dedicated Standby/Mute and Keyboard lock buttons
    Speed
    Application memory
    Placement of USB port
    Size

Dislikes:
    Keyboard (8100 was the best)
    08-24-09 03:49 PM