Hello All!

I'm getting ready to sell my Curve 8330 and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to things to do to prepare the phone. I have wiped the memory using the handheld feature, but my telephone number keeps showing up and have been having a hard time getting it to be "clean". Can anyone giving me and tips and tricks? Thanks!
    08-26-09 10:34 PM
    Call up your service provider and have them clear your ESN or MEID whichever your phone has and your PIN. This will turn the service off to your phone (your # will stop showing up) & allow the buyer to activate the device under their service & allow them to set up their email & use the browser (why its important to clear the PIN, the browser & email are controlled by it. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the quick note, OptiPrime. Here's what Verizon told me:

"Your electronic serial number and PIN go with the phone. These are not numbers that we reset. Since there is not active service on the phone, it is available to be activated on another number. If you have personal information on the device, we would recommend that you perform a Master Reset to delete this information. Here are the instructions to do so: "

Hmmmm.. does this sound right?
    08-27-09 06:08 PM
    Looks about right to me.
    08-27-09 11:32 PM
    Your still need to clear your PIN even if you deactivate it doesn't clear the pin out of the BIS server. I have seen quite a few ebay phones where the buyer comes in saying they are getting email that is not theirs. Even if you do a reset it shows under messages when they activate it. In turn they can not set up a email on it due to the pin being attached to your user name and password
    08-27-09 11:37 PM
    I have already wiped the phone myself and to prevent any possible email coming through I changed the password to my email account. If I sell it on Ebay, will the new person be able to set up their own account with the same phone?
    08-28-09 08:03 AM
    The PIN needs to be cleared off of the Verizon BIS server
    08-28-09 08:45 AM
    I know there is a program that will wipe all personal info from your phone. I'm trying to find the name of it/link to it now. I'm sure someone knows it faster than I can find it.
    08-28-09 08:58 AM
    The best advice from me ! Don't sell it bro !!!
    08-28-09 09:07 AM
    To get you phone number out of the device: ##000000 + send & then zero out the information there.
    08-28-09 09:21 AM
    What if I am selling a phone I have never used? Same instructions?
    08-28-09 09:44 AM
    If you had BIS email you need to log on and delete the email from the account and the account if you can. Verizon could of , should have done this when you called.
    gghostrider do a wipe of the phone and if you want to clear your number off as posted above you can do that too. Check your memory card to keep or reformat unless you want your data to go to the new owner.
    08-28-09 10:23 AM
    When I did this, I was told that when I changed the PIN on the BIS site to my new BB, that it would be fine.

I just had to manually delete the BIS Email service books from the old BB. Did that and all seems just fine.
    08-28-09 10:56 AM
    i had that problem. bought the phone used from ebay. kept getting the guys email and i couln't open up an email account on it. had to call sprint and have them reset the email. works fine now.
    08-28-09 01:45 PM
    Just had to do it myself:

* Options menu
    * Security Options
    * General Settings
    * Menu (BB key)
    * Wipe handheld
    * Enter password ("Blackberry" or your business-assigned security password)
    09-06-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD