Hey guys I just bought a used 8900. It has quite a lot of scratches all over so I wanted to get a new housing. After a lot of searching I'm getting this body;
    ORIGINAL COLOR BLACKBERRY JAVELIN CURVE 8900 HOUSING - eBay (item 280487784482 end time Jun-01-10 04:45:59 PDT)

Does this listing have everything I'd need?

It doesn't have the screw drivers so which ones do I need, T6 and T4? Those two are the ones I've been coming across on ebay and youtube. And is this the correct way to put a new body on? (If you guys have a better tutorial please post)

Thanks
    Last edited by X7TIGER; 05-12-10 at 08:06 PM.
    05-12-10 08:04 PM
    i would recommend this....

BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM complete chrome bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

its the complete bezel with the mesh and rubber surrounds.

and they are all T6 screws. i use the following tools.

Blue cell phone case opening tool - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,
    High quality T6 screwdriver - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

if you need a new rear cover, get this....

BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM Black battery cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories

maybe also consider a new G1 trackball while youre in there. they feel better than the stock ones. always good to have extras anyway.

T-Mobile G1 OEM black trackball - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

this is the site i have bought many replacement parts from for my 9000, 8330, 8900 and 9700. tools are good, parts fit perfectly.
    05-12-10 11:02 PM
    I bought the exact parts that Dictoresno suggested from Cellular Nationwide Network (cnn.cn). Couldn't be happier. The parts are high quality... I honestly can't tell the difference between this and a brand new phone. Their customer service is great too. I bought several items from them and they accidentally sent one wrong part. I sent an email explaining, sent them a picture as proof that it was incorrect (at their request), and I had a new one delivered immediately.
    05-13-10 11:30 PM
    hey man i think you are good with the link from ebay, the reason i say that is because that will have your WHOLE phone looking new rather than just the bezel. Oh and btw they don't mention this nor do they exactly show this on tutorials but you have to take off these little adhesive strips from the original bezel and transfer them to the new one, not hard, but tricky
    05-20-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD