Hi,

I bought my first BB in September 08 (Bold), and am now hooked - but I have a dilemma, for some odd reason the new version of our mail (NHSmail - it uses exchange now rather than mirapoint, meaning that 1/3rd of a million users can't use a BB and have to use a Nokia or microsoft product) doesn't allow BB connection, and so my employers are giving me a corporate BB to access our in house system.

I am being offered a 8900, but can have a Bold if I pay 40 myself. Looking at both phones they seem to be the same, but the Bold has been the best p
    hone I have had after 14 years of MP ownership, and so I am reluctant to change, however the smaller size ofteh 8900 is tempting.

Any advice from people who have used both would be helpful. Th phone is mainly used for email and calls and occasional web browsing at news sites (text not video) I also have a dongle for my laptop and so don't need the phone for that.

Any advice offered is welcome.

Paul
    02-22-09 04:58 PM
    It seems to be the choice between a second Bold, which would give you a phone you know and exactly the same handling characteristics, OR the 8900 which is smaller, and visibly different so it would avoid the risk of making work calls on your personal phone if you carry both.

The crunch point might be compatibility of chargers and accessories. Does the 8900 use Bold style mini-USB or the new micro connector?
    02-22-09 08:10 PM
    I say stay with the bold ...
    but hey thats just me
    02-22-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD