Ive had in my possition for a week now a bb curve with at&t, that no one has come to claim at my work. Its been about a month now. I dont know what to do with it chuck or find some way to use it. I already have a Iphone, and my roomate has a old Samsung with T-mobile.

THanks for any advice
    Last edited by r21174; 09-04-09 at 02:46 AM. Reason: I cant spell and its 3am
    09-04-09 02:45 AM
    Take it to AT&T and let them try and reunite it with it's lost owner. That is the only right thing to do.
    09-04-09 02:49 AM
    Wow. This gets asked a lot.

Give it back to the phone carrier. Let them deal with it.
    09-04-09 02:50 AM
    It's because modern society has lost it's moral compass.
    09-04-09 02:54 AM
    It's because modern society has lost it's moral compass.
    It's in Davie Jones' foot locker.

Wanna go get it?
    09-04-09 02:55 AM
    It's in Davie Jones' foot locker.

Wanna go get it?
    Nah...my compass works. That's why these posts annoy me. I don't believe in much, but I do believe that what comes around goes around.
    09-04-09 03:09 AM
    Nah...my compass works. That's why these posts annoy me. I don't believe in much, but I do believe that what comes around goes around.
    I just believe in taking care of others, helping them. Why not? Everyone appreciates getting a leg up every now and again. And as you said - you help others, they'll stop and help you later.

Although, actually, my favorite is Pay It Forward . I've received and passed this kind along, and it's always better. At least, it is IMHO.
    09-04-09 03:42 AM
    Ive had in my possition for a week now
    Its been about a month now.

What?

10 char
    09-04-09 04:01 AM
    I'm guessing it spent some time in lost and found. Nobody claimed it so they gave it back to him, and he didn't know what to do.
    Maybe this will be another blackberry reunited with long lost owner threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:47 AM
    I had some lost phones left at work and contacted the carrier. They had reissued phones to the issuer and told be to toss them. I was able to talk to a couple of the phone owners and they did not want them back. You look for the number in the phone then call it! They will answer with the new phone. Maybe they don't want it and will give it to you... of course the carrier needs to want you to have it too.
    09-04-09 08:36 AM
    I'm surprised the owner didn't have the PIN locked in case of theft after he/she realized it had gone missing.
    09-04-09 05:39 PM
    What's most frustrating is that so many people want to get over at the expense of others (not saying the OP really qualifies in this case, since it is appears to be an unclaimed phone), but these same people would scream bloody murder if someone did the same to them.
    09-04-09 05:57 PM
    just take it to at&t, they can either try and find the owner or one of the employees can take it and use it. haha or you could be greedy and sell it on craigslist.
    09-04-09 11:10 PM
    I've encountered the same issue! I found a blackberry in my neighborhood (tmobile) I contacted tmobile and they pretty much laughed at me! Anyway I took a white windshield marker and put a breif description of the phone that was FOUND any wrote "if the BB is yours call it! In less than an hour I had the phone back to the confirmed owner! Good thing to it belonged to a wife of a soldier that is deployed (101st Airborne Division) and she was tearful and thankful! She said that the blackberry was the only way she could communicate with her husband! Needless to say I had a wonderful day that day! Just wanted to share this...sorry for taking up space

09-05-09 08:29 AM
    Ive been busy, thanks for the advice Ill take it to a AT&T store and see what they will do with it.
    09-05-09 02:48 PM
    I've encountered the same issue! I found a blackberry in my neighborhood (tmobile) I contacted tmobile and they pretty much laughed at me! Anyway I took a white windshield marker and put a breif description of the phone that was FOUND any wrote "if the BB is yours call it! In less than an hour I had the phone back to the confirmed owner! Good thing to it belonged to a wife of a soldier that is deployed (101st Airborne Division) and she was tearful and thankful! She said that the blackberry was the only way she could communicate with her husband! Needless to say I had a wonderful day that day! Just wanted to share this...sorry for taking up space

No need to agologize...this is a good example of the right thing to do.
    09-06-09 02:08 AM
    I just believe in taking care of others, helping them. Why not? Everyone appreciates getting a leg up every now and again. And as you said - you help others, they'll stop and help you later.

Although, actually, my favorite is Pay It Forward . I've received and passed this kind along, and it's always better. At least, it is IMHO.
    I agree! Pay It Forward because one day it could be your phone!
    09-06-09 05:04 PM
    Its always awesome when people do the right thing. That type of thing does not happen much anymore.

09-06-09 06:29 PM
    Now what, I stop by my local at&t store. A store girl took a look at it. Click away at a computer, and said the phone no good. Which I dont know what that means. I asked her if they were going to chuck it. She said more likely resell as a Referb. I told her ill be keeping it then, if there trying to make more money off of people.
    God I hate at&T.
    09-07-09 04:25 PM
    It's no good because the owner reported it missing and got a replacement via insurance, and they turned the phone off. It's on their list of Pins to not activate. It's what provider's do, the thing is a paperweight and cannot be used again. You should dispose of it properly, , like leave it at the ATT store.

09-07-09 04:37 PM
    They are not going to resell it as a refurb because the pin would be locked. If you didn't go to a corporate store, then go there. If it was a corporate store then report your experience to copr hq and in the end if you are not able to get the phone back to the owner you sure insure that it can't be used by someone to defraud an unknowing new buyer. Smash it and Trash it.
    09-07-09 08:09 PM
    It was a local at&t retail phone store. The girl at the desk, said the phone was no good. Thats all I got out of her, the short time I was there. Im just chucking it, this is taking to much of my time. No one came forward, at&t dosnt care about the phone.
    09-08-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD