Hey all, I just upgraded my old Blackberry Pearl to an 8520 Curve and have only had it for a couple weeks. It's a great phone but I'm having some pretty weird problems as of today. First off, When I first turn on the phone it gives me the message "Uncaught exception: Index 4>=4" and I have NO idea what it means. The second problem is that I can't click my SMS or Messages icons (it will work if I press it 30 or so times) and it somehow deleted my separate email icons. It will also give me another message when an app crashes "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(195) is not responding; process terminated". I've deleted all of my third party apps (As was suggested on some other sites) hoping it might fix it but it won't. I would assume most of my problems are coming from the Twitter app that just appeared on my phone. I didn't even download the app. Weird.

Anyways, if anybody has some advice that a Blackberry noob can do please help. Thanks everybody.
    04-12-10 01:10 AM
    It sounds like there are some issues with your Operating Software (OS).
    The best thing to do is to update your OS, in this forum go to the sticky note up the top which has the OS 5.0.0.509 for the 8520 and follow the instructions given.

For best results:
    Download the new OS to your computer.
    Backup your device data using the Desktop Manager.
    Wipe your device (go to Options, then select Security Options, then select security wipe)
    Load the new OS to your device (follow the instructions in the forum)

Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by BBBakker; 04-12-10 at 07:06 AM.
    04-12-10 07:03 AM
    04-12-10 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I'm downloading the 5.0 OS now.
    04-12-10 07:39 PM
    Okay, well I've tried to update the OS using Desktop Manager 5.0.1 and then just using App Loader and neither worked. I uninstalled/reinstalled DM several times so it can't be DM's fault. I then tried diegonei's first link on nuked blackberries and ran into another problem.
    At the step where you plug in you battery-less Blackberry and click next in App Loader when it says pin unknown, instead of asking what software it wants to load it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator."
    Okay, so what might the problem be? Is a driver messed up? I've installed the 5.0 OS on the computer and deleted vendor. should I security wipe the phone before I do this?
    04-18-10 11:21 PM
    I'm sure this will help. When I plug the phone into DM it pops up with "Failed to connect to the device. Please make sure that the device is properly connected and try again" The phone is connected properly and it's a brand new USB cord from radioshack. How do I fix this?
    04-18-10 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD