We have an exchange server at work, but the IT guys set it up so that we can access our email accounts using the TMO BIS with the POP settings. Whenever a message is sent to my BB, it automatically appears as "Read" in Microsoft Outlook. Even if i have not opened the message on my BB, this phenomenon still happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on how to fix it?
    12-28-07 02:35 PM
    Weird.
    Sounds like the POP access your IT set up is actually checking the messages off your exchange server when its sent to the pop mail server (on BIS)....

Not really sure why this is happening??? But if you (and your IT people) can't figure it out you could always use the BB redirector. While it has its draw backs (leaving your work pc on when ur not there), a big plus is that you can set it to redirect your email when you are out. It still goes to outlook, but forwards a copy to your bb email.

Sorry I couldnt be much more help.
    12-28-07 02:49 PM
    I thought the same thing and mentioned it to the IT guys but they seem to think it has something to do with the BB.
    12-28-07 04:11 PM
    Has anyone else encountered this issue?
    12-31-07 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD