Hey all... I just got my first Blackberry and I'm already having a pretty significant problem. Whenever I open the camera application it freezes up and won't do anything. If I then hit 'back' to go to the menu, the middle portion of the screen (where the camera screen was) doesn't refresh. It just sits there blacked out. The only thing that makes it refresh is removing the battery and rebooting the device.
    I'm currently at 4.2.2.170, so I'm downloading the new update, but I have doubts as to whether this will help. Any idea what I can do to solve this?
    02-27-08 09:35 AM
    I updated the software version...the problem persists.
    I wiped the device...the problem persists.
    Any ideas?
    02-27-08 03:10 PM
    there's a sticky on the top of the threads on latest software, update to that. it should solve it.

BlackBerry Curve 83xx - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-27-08 04:37 PM
    there's a sticky on the top of the threads on latest software, update to that. it should solve it.
    Like I said, I did. It didn't. Sounds like I'm stuck replacing it unless anyone has any brilliant ideas...
    02-28-08 05:42 PM
    try a live batter pull (pull the battery while it is on). If it still persists, you may have to take it back for replacement. It might be defective.
    02-29-08 01:36 AM
    If you have a media card installed, try removing the media card and using the camera. Maybe when you go into the camera it is trying to access the media card and causing the freeze.
    02-29-08 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD