Well hey everyone! I have a problem that maybe someone may know whats going on here. When making or receiving calls, during the first 5-10 secs. of call i get this weird tone in the ear piece. It's like the tone if you have a call waiting, but the thing is there is no other call. It's getting pretty annoying because it does this on every call. The wife's phone does the samething. We do have the latest update on the 8530. Any suggest would be great. thxs
    06-02-10 11:33 AM
    do you have sprint and an AiRave device ?
    06-02-10 11:38 AM
    I'd have to say that call privacy indicator is enabled.
    06-02-10 11:42 AM
    Yup, i do have sprint but I don't know what a airave is sorry. If it is this anti piracy thing how do I turn it off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 11:47 AM
    Yup, i do have sprint but I don't know what a airave is sorry. If it is this anti piracy thing how do I turn it off?

The airave is basically a micro cell tower that plugs into your high speed internet (no service where you live, no problem!). Does this only make the tone when you are at home, or at all times? If you live close to other people (apartment complex?) than you might be connecting through someone elses airave. As far as turning off the privacy indicator, not sure how to do that on 5.0.
    06-02-10 11:50 AM
    Well yes it does do this all the time. Regardless if I'm home or out and about that tone beeps. If anyone has this problem let me know. I don't know if this maybe a sprint problem.

06-02-10 11:57 AM
    options>phone options>sounds>privacy alert> set to none.... i think thats it... could be wrong... and airave, like rats described makes a noise when you start a call or jump onto sprint towers..
    06-02-10 11:57 AM
    Hey fedge thanks for that, but still no luck. Maybe that's what's happening with it using differ cell towers. I may just sprint customer ser. Just to see what they may say. Wish me luck on that one. It seems that it maybe just the blackberrys r doing this. Other family membrs on sprint don't know what I'm talking about.

06-02-10 12:07 PM
    the only beeb i hear i when a call gets dropped and im on sprint. [B]i would suggest calling customer care,,you might have better luck there. More than likely they will tell you to take the phones to a service center. Have you ever had this problem with other cells phones, have you always had sprint,,or has it just happened to the BB'S?
    06-02-10 12:19 PM
    No I've never had this problem with other phones just bb's. I've had sprint for about 8 yrs. I'm gonna just take it to a store see what they come up with. Thxs

06-02-10 12:27 PM
    Don't want to overlook the obvious so have you checked your voicemail? I'm with US cellular and there is a strange beeping when i first make or get a call and there is an unheard voicemail
    06-03-10 10:53 AM
    Don't want to overlook the obvious so have you checked your voicemail? I'm with US cellular and there is a strange beeping when i first make or get a call and there is an unheard voicemail
    Pretty sure sprint doesn't have that feature... Or maybe they do and its like an add on.. But I doubt it got enabled by the OP just purchasing blackberry's...

06-03-10 11:38 AM
    It means big brother is watching you

06-03-10 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD