New to the curve but I've had the storm for a few years. Anyone have any tips for reading web articles on this phone? I find myself sliding the trackpad back and forth from each side of the page for every single line of texts in news articles (some sites auto adjust but some, like WSJ, don't). Back and forth and back and forth for every line. On the touch screen it wasn't so bad but on this phone its completely obnoxious. Any keyboard shortcuts or something for L/R scroll?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 08:57 AM
    You could set it to Column View, that forces the site to fit the screen, so all you have to do is go up/down.

Most non-mobile pages get messed up, but reading becomes very easy. Hitting Space takes it to the the next bit of screen, just like it would on a pc.

B should (mine has always worked on N thou) take it to the bottom and T to the top of the page.

U hides the bar on the top. That's nice so you get a bit more of screen.

I couldn't find the Colomn View shortcut, so gonna have to use the menu, or set it up as a default on the browser options.
    06-02-10 09:21 AM
    My tip for web browsing on a blackberry, based on my experience... Is wait until you're near a computer to do it.

The browser and speed of my 8530 reminds me of my phone from 2002. I've had android and iphones, this really feels like a dinosaur.

06-02-10 09:37 AM
    Here's one for speed: disable Javascript, set image quality to medium and animations to run 10 times or less.
    06-02-10 09:49 AM
    Thanx for the post its really helpful

06-02-10 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD