08-08-09 12:13 AM
54 123
tools
    mine is just fine. It is loud and I can't complain. I do feel it when it's in my pocket or even on the desk i can hear it just fine. Last night i had it sitting on my dresser and i heard it from the other room so.....
    03-18-09 01:26 PM
    Maybe in the future RIM can make an option where the vibration can have a high, medium and low setting so the user can decide which one to use. I'm not if this is possible or not without a hardware change so we may not see it through just an OS update but I think it would be very nice and benefit everyone.
    03-18-09 03:29 PM
    Maybe in the future RIM can make an option where the vibration can have a high, medium and low setting so the user can decide which one to use. I'm not if this is possible or not without a hardware change so we may not see it through just an OS update but I think it would be very nice and benefit everyone.
    very awesome idea, that would be great! I believe it would have to be a hardware upgrade to some kind of variable speed motor or adjustable capacitor? probably need an electrical engineer to work on this... plz?
    03-18-09 03:47 PM
    Well it just depends on the integrity and quality of the motor used for the vibrate. It might be possible to vary the voltage going to the motor and thus alter the strength - it just depends really. Perhaps even it might be possible to use a variable voltage signal to the motor to alter the frequency of the vibrations instead of a steady current. Its possible that different frequencies will produce different vibrations which are more noticeable than others. It just depends an only experimentation will tell for sure. Also depending on the motor, it may be able to handle varying voltages better than others. This will come back to the cost of the motor and durability concerns of it over time.

I have VibAndRing installed o my phone and that allows me to adjust the frequency of the vibrations. I may experiment with that a bit and see if I can come up with any improvements.
    03-18-09 03:54 PM
    I think it's weird that through the years the vibrating is getting weaker and weaker. I remember when I had a tinny Nokia phone 5 years ago that would make my whole body vibrate. Then I got the Motorola KZRK and though the vibration sucked. When I got the CURVE 8300, it was even worse, but I managed. Now, with the 8900 it's barely noticeble. I'm not sure why with every newer model the vibrating strength keeps decreasing, does it have something to do with extending the battery life???
    03-18-09 04:03 PM
    I had a Motorola Rizr Z3 and the vibration on that thing wasn't bad.
    But then I got my 8320 Curve and the vibration was perfect. Not too loud not to low.

Finally with this phone, its a little on the weak side, but its not bad.
    We could just not have a vibrate feature at all...now wouldn't that suck?

The idea of an adjustable vibrate feature would be awesome. Some don't like it so hard that it vibrates your whole body, I know I don't.
    But it would be a plus. Great idea!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 04:09 PM
    My 8330 vibrates so strong, it reminds me of a very large and angry wasp!
    03-18-09 04:16 PM
    I have buzz me and I used crakutil and replaced the file with a beta os and I have a strong vibrate

03-23-09 07:18 PM
    My 8900's vibration seems fine. It's definitely no worse than the 8100 and 8120 phones I have owned.
    I had the 8120 and I can't feel my 8900 at all. I wonder if there were later builds where the problem was addressed?
    03-28-09 05:29 PM
    I don't have that problem.

03-28-09 08:25 PM
    us who wear our cell phones clipped to our hip dont have this problem.. Hips can be very sensitive to vibration. =)
    03-28-09 08:37 PM
    us who wear our cell phones clipped to our hip dont have this problem.. Hips can be very sensitive to vibration. =)
    That's how I wear mine.

On the blackberry forums, one user believed it was an issue with earlier builds.
    03-29-09 06:25 PM
    I'm glad I'm not losing my mind! My 8310 had a great vibrate level. This one (8900), if I had it in a case on my hip, I wouldn't feel or hear it.

going to check for that app people are talking about!

I love the phone besides that!
    07-28-09 05:23 PM
    I'm glad I'm not losing my mind! My 8310 had a great vibrate level. This one (8900), if I had it in a case on my hip, I wouldn't feel or hear it.

going to check for that app people are talking about!

I love the phone besides that!
    I can tell you that I never thought I would get used to it, but I did. I feel it vibrate in the holster.

The Pearl is definitely stronger, though.
    07-28-09 06:36 PM
    I wish my phone vibrated mliek my old samsung... you could put that thing on one edge of a desk and it would fly off teh other side and hit my neighbour in the face...

My phone never leaves Vibe because i hate ring tones with a passion... comes from having mostly chick friends since i was 10yo...
    07-28-09 07:01 PM
    I dont know... It seems pretty good to me alot better then my Nokia 8600. I got berrybuzz right now and im loving it !!!
    Last edited by M_West1; 07-28-09 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Wrong model phone..i put 8900..i just sleep eat and think blackberry now lol
    07-28-09 07:26 PM
    my 8900 had a weak vibration at first, but after a night of drunken escapades and dropping it 2-3 times (on cement, with my innocase ii on), i was woken up to my vibrating 8900 that was noticeably louder. even my coworkers would look over at my desk when i had my phone on vibrate at work. maybe something got loose/gravel fell into the phone, but the vibration was definitely closer to a 8310 vibrating loudness than the a normal 8900. and it has stayed loud..

hope that helps. and for those desperately wanting a louder vibrating feature (and brave enough), maybe the only thing to do is to give your 8900 a couple of good drops onto the ground
    07-28-09 07:46 PM
    If you think the 8900 has a weak vibrate, try a Bold for a day.
    07-28-09 07:54 PM
    If you think the 8900 has a weak vibrate, try a Bold for a day.
    My aunt had her purse by her side while in the back seat of my parent's SUV, and her Bold was in it. I was sitting in the back seat with her, and I felt it vibrate through her purse, and the arm rest that separated us. I was like 2 feet away from the purse too.

She didn't know it was going off though. xD
    07-29-09 01:53 AM
    I find all BB's that I have and have come across generally have a weak vibrations, just one of my few complaints.
    07-29-09 01:55 AM
    the vibrate seems fine at times but in some occasions the vibrate is too low depends on the enviroment your in...
    07-29-09 02:10 AM
    I have an 8220 Flip and it has a pretty decent vibrate. I've had phone that the vibration was so strong you could hear it vibrate in your hand. Kind of defeats the purpose of having it on vibrate. Might as well be a ring tone. My 8220 is just right.
    07-29-09 12:42 PM
    its only the vibrate, the 8900 is such a better device than the 8320. if you cant here your vibrate, which vibrate is designed for FEELING not HEARING, set your phone's rings to quiet if your at work, or simply put it in your pocket so you can feel it.
    07-29-09 03:23 PM
    I actually prefer the "weaker" vibration. My last phone a Samsung, not only had a strong vibration but you could actually hear it is buzz!! Like someone else posted, kinda defeated the purpose of the vibrate feature.

If you want to hear it, I'm sure there is a "vibration" ringtone somewhere!
    07-30-09 09:40 AM
    8900's vibrate is definitely not strong enough to be useful in real-world conditions. I frequently miss calls when walking, on the bus, etc. because the vibrate is too weak to be noticed in my pocket.
    07-30-09 10:03 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD