I know it has been discussed. But I am distraught over this and am thinking about returning to my (well loved) 8120.

The 8900 is, IMO, the sexiest cell phone ever.

But a BlackBerry is, first and foremost, a tool to stay in touch. In my line of work, I receive SMS all day long. I also miss them all day long.

IMO this is unacceptable in a BlackBerry.

I can tolerate a door that moves a little, but missing communication?

Anyways, the point of this thread is not to reiterate what many of us have discovered, but to have a thread to identify possible (even if outside the box) fixes.

Is this something software can fix? I don't see how. Seems like a hardware issue to me.

What about certain cases? Any potential certain cases are more likely to transmit vibe than others? (BTW, I am standing 90% of the workday and holstered on my belt).

What about a ring and vibe for SMS? Where would I find that application?

What makes all of this worse is that I sometimes can't even hear the audible alert following the vibrate.

If this is not fixable, I will regrettably have to return to the 8120.
    03-29-09 10:44 AM
    I have no complaints about it its good enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:46 AM
    I am one of the guys who likes the vibration level. I hate those phones that vibrate so loud that everone can hear it....kind of defeats the purpose of vibrate.

You can use vibandring....that is what I use.

03-29-09 10:53 AM
    I don't find any problems with it either, I can feel the vibrate but I find it that when a call comes in, it vibrates first and then the tone comes out later after the vibrate...is it the same with every other 8900 users?

03-29-09 10:54 AM
    I am one of the guys who likes the vibration level. I hate those phones that vibrate so loud that everone can hear it....kind of defeats the purpose of vibrate.

You can use vibandring....that is what I use.

I am also a fan of the vibrating level : )
    03-29-09 11:57 AM
    I rely on the vibrate feature to alert me to messages. If I can't feel it, I'm SOL.

The vibrate on my 8120 was neither loud nor obnoxious, but it got the job done.

To add insult to injury, the audible alert seems softer than the 8120.
    03-29-09 12:19 PM
    I don't find any problems with it either, I can feel the vibrate but I find it that when a call comes in, it vibrates first and then the tone comes out later after the vibrate...is it the same with every other 8900 users?

Same here.
    08-04-09 08:30 PM
    What OS version are you using?

I know for a fact that ringtone/alert volumes differ greatly depending on OS.

As for vibrate level... I'm not sure. I know I was displeased with mine initially, but I've updated my OS so many times since that I don't know whether it has actually got stronger, or if I've just got used to it now.
    08-04-09 08:43 PM
    I was really annoyed by the low vibrating level too. however, I upgraded my OS with a beta OS and it's pretty strong now. Maybe you should try upgrading the OS. I'm currently on .250 and haven't had any issues.
    08-04-09 08:47 PM
    Bones conduct vibrations better than flesh. Keep the holster close to your hip bone.

That's all I can think of xD
    08-05-09 03:10 AM
    This is true for everyone, yes
    I use BuzzMe, its free in the app world. You have to set the profile to just Tone & it'll vibrate & ring.

08-05-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD