When I first got my 8900 a lot of the complaints were about the location for the charger. People wanted it to be in the same spot as the Curve. Now with the release of the 8520 it is back there. (He power of BB voices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 12:57 PM
    I submitted an official complaint with TMOBILE about this. LOL I guess so did a LOT of other people with 8900
    08-11-09 03:23 PM
    I hate also that it's not in the spot where usually all Blackberry's have it. I
    was hoping it wasn't going to become a habit. I use my phone a lot while it's
    charging and not only is it bothersome while texting on the phone, but also
    while on a phone call.
    08-11-09 06:29 PM
    The complaints I have about the charger are not only the side, but the size of the usb. I have about 5 chargers and a car charger from previous BB's and the 8900 is smaller so I can't use them. Sandra ")

08-11-09 07:30 PM
    Micro USB has been pretty much adopted as the standard.
    08-11-09 07:39 PM
    You can get an adapter for a mini to a micro relatively cheaply.

08-11-09 07:47 PM
    That's awesome. I hate the position on the 8900.

I like having microUSB because it seems less prone to damage but having it on the side is just annoying.

08-11-09 07:47 PM
    If you look at all the new devices coming they all have the micro USB in the same spot as the 8900. Of course these are just pictures but it looks like it is going that way. The 8520 seems to be mostly old curve parts(except the track pad) so it is not surprising the charging port is just like the old curve.
    08-11-09 07:50 PM
    If you look at all the new devices coming they all have the micro USB in the same spot as the 8900. Of course these are just pictures but it looks like it is going that way. The 8520 seems to be mostly old curve parts(except the track pad) so it is not surprising the charging port is just like the old curve.
    The Onyx isn't in the same spot from the looks of things.
    08-11-09 08:26 PM
    Well I had micro usb's from my ex girlfriends phones ( that I bought, grrr.. ) And they were just laying around anyways but the location is awkwards when using the keyboard. So I charge and listen to music or watch a movie til the charge gets up there a bit. But I'd like to see it moved as well! Glad to hear voices are actually being heard but let's see what they listen to next before we act as if we feel that our opinions count. Keep up whatever it is that you're doing or have done to be heard!
    08-11-09 08:31 PM
    Oh I didn't know this... good to know!
    08-11-09 09:16 PM
    too bad i'm gonna have the 8900 for awhile XD
    oh well, i still love my BB
    08-11-09 10:48 PM
    The only thing good I found about the location was that it was easier to stay put in my lap while using the car charger and driving. My 8320 flops around and ends up upside down or on the floor
    08-12-09 12:42 AM
    So far, the charge port has been my only complaint on my 8900, both the location, and the size. Like ClintRo mentioned, I picked up 5 Mini to MicroUSB converters on Amazon.com for about $.60 each. My biggest gripe re: the location is that I cannot charge it in the holster I am using, it has to come out to be charged.
    08-12-09 02:19 PM
    I use my 8900 a lot during the day and the charger position does not really bug me.

I hope Micro USB stays standard. I feel like I get nickel and dimed every time I upgrade phones. Even though I have to admit I like buying crap for this phone, like people who dress up their dogs.
    08-12-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks ClintRo! I had no idea that there are adapters. I'm glad I didn't run out and buy new stuff Sandra ")

08-12-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD