The issue I am having is, I need to delete a few hundred contacts because I believe Google Sync added multiple contact 5 or 6 times over. I am unable to delete them all using the phone.
    I would like to be able to view all contacts in a window, on my desktop that I can use to select and delete. Is this possible?
    My Outook is how I want it besides 20-30 new contacts that are on my phone, but the RIM software does not allow me to individually select which entries I would like to keep and which to delete.
    It wants to add 2000 entries to my Outlook that are already present.
    This is what I want to avoid.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP????

Thank you.
    11-04-10 08:44 PM
    Login into you GMail account and go into your Contacts section. Click on the "More Options" and then select Find and Merge Contacts. Be prepared to do a lot of editing as this screwed my contacts by mixing addresses and phone numbers. As for removing contacts using your desktop in the RIM contact list, sorry, not gonna happen.
    11-04-10 09:18 PM
    NEED ANOTHER ANSWER, not going to work..
    11-04-10 09:27 PM
    NEED ANOTHER ANSWER, not going to work..
    Good luck.
    11-04-10 09:33 PM
    The issue I am having is, I need to delete a few hundred contacts because I believe Google Sync added multiple contact 5 or 6 times over. I am unable to delete them all using the phone.
    I would like to be able to view all contacts in a window, on my desktop that I can use to select and delete. Is this possible?
    My Outook is how I want it besides 20-30 new contacts that are on my phone, but the RIM software does not allow me to individually select which entries I would like to keep and which to delete.
    It wants to add 2000 entries to my Outlook that are already present.
    This is what I want to avoid.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP????

Thank you.
    I had the exact same issue. Not only did it duplicate contacts, it mixed the wrong information between contacts.

Here is how I fixed it as long as Outlook has the correct contact info:
    1. Turn off Google sync
    2. Connect your device to desktop manager and click cancel before it syncs
    3. Delete addressbook from device using desktop manager
    4. Change your sync settings for Outlook to show a one way transfer from Outlook to device (look at link in my sig to review how to if needed)
    5. Perform the sync
    6. Review your address book information
    7. If you're satisfied, change your sync settings back to two way sync between Outlook and device
    8. Back up the device
    9. Go to gmail.com and clear out contact list
    10. Turn your Google sync back on
    11. All the information will appear correctly on Outlook, device, and Gmail contact list

Remember... this is how I did fixed my issue with my current setup. After step 10 I got rid of the option for syncing to Google. I have never really liked syncing thru Google. I have never had a problem with using Outlook.
    Last edited by dustanh; 11-05-10 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
    11-05-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD