Hey guys, my girlfriend has an 8520. She's been using a screen protector that was supposed to go on my 9700 while she was waiting for hers to come in.

Today the screen protectors came in and then she took off the old one. And then when she took it off theres like some sort of liquidy substance in the middle of the screen. How did this happen? There is absolutely no water damage anywhere else. It's just in the center of the screen. I have no idea how it got there either. The phone hasn't been close to water ever since last night.

Any ideas?
    06-11-10 12:23 PM
    Condensation maybe,,,was it in a case?
    Is it water or Glue?
    06-11-10 12:27 PM
    Also, is this water or is it a pressure crack(?) not really sure what that is but I just read something about it on the forum.
    06-11-10 12:27 PM
    Condensation maybe,,,was it in a case?
    Is it water or Glue?
    it was in a silicone case, I can't really tell from the outside. It just moves when you press on it too.

this is what it looks like:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by forbiddenx; 06-11-10 at 12:36 PM.
    06-11-10 12:29 PM
    looks like its around the track pad also. I would suggest you take it back, that looks like a factory defect with the screen.
    06-11-10 12:39 PM
    The thing around the track pad is my 9700 i think haha. The thing was never there when she first got the phone (a month ago) or while the screen protector is on it.
    06-11-10 12:41 PM
    Thats weird that it happened after she took the screen protector off! I would take it back. If your able to.
    06-11-10 12:48 PM
    If you've got something hot in the house like the vents on a DirecTV box or in my case, I have a surround sound system and the control box thing gets warm - put the phone on that for a bit and see if it evaporates. May have to leave it overnight. I used to dry out my dive watches like that all the time. The older they get, the more they leak. Put them on the satellite box or on the surround sound system box vents and they're dry the next day.

if it's still wet, sounds like a defect. Is the water damage sticker on the back of the phone pink?
    06-11-10 03:53 PM
    Turns out its not actually water. The film thing is touching the lcd. Is there anyway to fix it? It got dented or something, I don't think its the actual lcd though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD