Ok , My Curve got wet, the only problem is some of the buttons are typing different letters and commands than they are suppose to. For example the B types NY, so it it a big problem because I can not reset the phone. I have blow dried it, set it in rice, and even froze it, but nothing worked. Are there any other options?
    09-29-09 05:10 PM
    Go to a shoe store and get a bunch of silica gel and set the phone in that for a day or two....
    09-29-09 05:13 PM
    search is you friend!!!!! learn it!

im afraid the blow drying killed it!!!
    09-29-09 05:18 PM
    damn i had that problem with my old 8900......i just bought a new phone..
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-29-09 at 09:11 PM. Reason: profanity
    09-29-09 06:29 PM
    Blow Dryer?!?!?

You killed it with the Blow Dryer!!!
    09-29-09 06:34 PM
    blow dried and froze it neither one of those could be good for ya phone
    09-29-09 09:03 PM
    My money is on the freezing. Blow drying would not remove all
    the water so you just solidified it, let it work it's mojo, melt and
    work the mojo some more.

I see an outlay of cash in your immediate future.
    09-29-09 09:15 PM
    Ok , My Curve got wet, the only problem is some of the buttons are typing different letters and commands than they are suppose to. For example the B types NY, so it it a big problem because I can not reset the phone. I have blow dried it, set it in rice, and even froze it, but nothing worked. Are there any other options?
    Froze it?? LOL

As stated..silica gel desiccant and let it dry out. If after 4or5 days of sitting in a closed container with the silica gels the phone still doesn't work then it's time for insurance or a cash outlay.
    09-29-09 09:48 PM
    Let it dry for a few days. Putting it with silica gel in a closed container is your best bet.
    09-30-09 02:01 AM
    And if you can't get silica gel, plain white rice works surprisingly well. Dry, of course. Just dunk the phone in a bowl of it for a day or two.
    09-30-09 08:10 AM
    follow the link in my sig. It is your last hope. If that doesn't work, enjoy a new phone, courtesy of wive's tales and impatience.
    09-30-09 08:16 AM
    Rather than going with the silica method right off, I'd actually highly recomend alcohol to make sure it cleans out any gunk/mineral deposits. Then follow the rest of the directions in my sig.
    09-30-09 08:17 AM
    I have to wonder about heat killing it. Maybe the speakers, but not the main board. Those things are heated over 500C during manufacturing, electrical components and all.

Actually, I wonder if RIM uses leadless solder? If so, more like 700C. Would be interesting to know, they could market the phone as "green".

There is sarcasm in there by the way.
    Last edited by Radius; 09-30-09 at 09:06 AM.
    09-30-09 09:04 AM
    I have to wonder about heat killing it. Maybe the speakers, but not the main board. Those things are heated over 500C during manufacturing, electrical components and all.

Actually, I wonder if RIM uses leadless solder? If so, more like 700C. Would be interesting to know, they could market the phone as "green".

There is sarcasm in there by the way.

I don't think the blowdryer heat kills it, so much as it forces water into places it wasn't already.
    09-30-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD