ps. thanks everyone for your help
    you better add kingofheart on bbm later ; )
    03-18-09 01:51 PM
    haha for sure
    03-18-09 01:52 PM
    I think we've all come to the resolution that you should just take it to t-mo store. don't **** around with it.
    03-18-09 02:25 PM
    I think he wanted that since the beginning of the thread!
    03-18-09 02:26 PM
    I think we've all come to the resolution that you should just take it to t-mo store. don't **** around with it.
    lol, couldnt have said it better haha.

Much love for that one

I think he wanted that since the beginning of the thread!
    Saw that huh?
    Last edited by KingofHeart4711; 03-18-09 at 02:29 PM.
    03-18-09 02:27 PM
    Saw that huh?
    Can't blame a guy for trying, right?
    03-18-09 02:32 PM
    i went to the store and they don't do replacements any tmo stores in arizona. they verified that there isn't any water damage to my device. they checked the battery sticker and also the one that is on the battery wall and both were white. they advised me to call and get a warranty replacement from tmo.

i can't wait 2 days but atleast it will be a working one.

thanks guys!!!
    03-18-09 04:27 PM
    haha good luck with your 2 days

glad everything worked out for yah
    03-18-09 05:07 PM
    Oh man they will just take Jo's phone and refurb it and give someone a previously puked on phone. I will never turn my phone in for replacement until it is very, very dead for fear of getting Jo's puke phone.
    03-19-09 01:56 AM
    Oh man they will just take Jo's phone and refurb it and give someone a previously puked on phone. I will never turn my phone in for replacement until it is very, very dead for fear of getting Jo's puke phone.
    And the lottery begins! Who will get the puke 8900!?!
    03-19-09 02:04 AM
    lol you guys know you want it! don't try to front
    03-19-09 05:55 AM
    Oh man this thread had me laughing. I have nothing productive but I just wanted to share that Jo, you are not alone in puking in your purse. My first week living in San Francisco, I got way too drunk at a show and puked alll over myself and my bag on my way home on the bus. Not my most graceful evening, but what a way to start an era.
    03-19-09 06:36 AM
    heyyy mbrtron! i stuck my purse in the washer and i can not get rid of the vomit smell. have any advice? lol i'm thinking of dousing it with a mixture of fabric softner & perfume and then sticking it in the washer. i don't know! anything but a chunky throw up smell will be good. it's a leather coach purse with a cloth-like inside. i have no idea what to do

haha thanks for the support, i appreciate it.
    03-19-09 06:40 AM
    I've never dealt with leather so I'm not quite sure, I'm thinking since it's an animal material that washing it may not work on getting the scent out. I googled "getting scents out of leather" and here's some stuff that came up:

Dealing with smells in leather is not that difficult, even with something as nasty such as cat urine. You need to look for a non-toxic enzyme-based cleaner that is designed for leather, which can often be found at a pet store. The bacteria that live on organic, protein-based substances like urine as well as fecal matter are responsible for the smell. Follow the directions and your leather should come out smelling alright.

Buy a odor neutralizer called Atmosclear. You can find it at Ace Hardware. This is what car dealers use to get rid of cig smoke.

Someone is saying spray with a mix of vanilla extract and water and then someone else says febreeze and air it out.

I don't know how reliable the last two are but the first ones are what I would try, an enzyme cleaner or odor neutralizer. Maybe someone else on the forum has some cleaning advice!
    03-19-09 06:49 AM
    ahhh thank you!!! i will try all of those. it's not the actual leather that smells, it's the cloth inside. it's really gross lol but thanks for your help i appreciate it
    03-19-09 06:55 AM
    lol you guys know you want it! don't try to front
    well.....hmmm....

Sorry, got distracted there for a minute. Nope, don't need a pukeberry 8900. I could have went in another direction with a post like that but this direction keeps the tread from being locked

Hey I don't know if there are any Sam's clubs in your area but they have some stuff called odo-ban there that is good at getting rid of smells. Of course they sell it by the gallon so it would last forever..I think. I suppose it depends on how often you do those types of activities.

On a sidenote doesn't it seem silly for RIM to put the WDI on the battery? You could have immersed it in green beer and all you would have to do is dry it out and turn it in with a new battery.
    03-19-09 07:35 AM
    well.....hmmm....

Sorry, got distracted there for a minute. Nope, don't need a pukeberry 8900. I could have went in another direction with a post like that but this direction keeps the tread from being locked

Hey I don't know if there are any Sam's clubs in your area but they have some stuff called odo-ban there that is good at getting rid of smells. Of course they sell it by the gallon so it would last forever..I think. I suppose it depends on how often you do those types of activities.

On a sidenote doesn't it seem silly for RIM to put the WDI on the battery? You could have immersed it in green beer and all you would have to do is dry it out and turn it in with a new battery.
    there's another WDI indicator on the actual wall of the battery spot. you have to turn your phone a bit to see it. it's a little white square.

anyway! i will take a look at sams club. thanks! if that doesn't work i guess i need a new purse too

and ps. you want the "pukeberry," i know it.
    03-19-09 07:51 AM
    Joanna, go buy a disinfectant called 'dettol'. Stick a cap full of it in the wash with your pukebag, it will smell like dettol for a bit, but it'll be disinfected.
    03-19-09 08:42 AM
    AND, I have no idea why you'dpuke in your bag and not on the ground... I would never choose to puke on myself over the ground...
    03-19-09 08:42 AM
    Joanna, go buy a disinfectant called 'dettol'. Stick a cap full of it in the wash with your pukebag, it will smell like dettol for a bit, but it'll be disinfected.
    i am googling this! thank you!

i don't know why i puked in my purse either. i don't even remember throwing up. it was the four patron shots in a row that i think caused the damage.
    03-19-09 08:56 AM
    AND, I have no idea why you'dpuke in your bag and not on the ground... I would never choose to puke on myself over the ground...
    lol, I know right. Maybe she was in a car though or around a ton of ppl.

lol, this reminds me of something that happened a couple weeks ago. Me and a couple of my friends were hanging out at our favorite pub and this guy started throwing up all over the floor by these booths in front of the bar. I wish HE had a purse to throw up in haha cause the next part was inevitable........this girl was walking by and didnt see it (most of it was clear) and slipped in it and fell on her arse hahahaha! I KNEW it was gonna happen to someone, anyways this guy helped her up and was like "You dont even wanna know what you just slipped in"
    03-19-09 08:59 AM
    lol, I know right. Maybe she was in a car though or around a ton of ppl.

lol, this reminds me of something that happened a couple weeks ago. Me and a couple of my friends were hanging out at our favorite pub and this guy started throwing up all over the floor by these booths in front of the bar. I wish HE had a purse to throw up in haha cause the next part was inevitable........this girl was walking by and didnt see it (most of it was clear) and slipped in it and fell on her arse hahahaha! I KNEW it was gonna happen to someone, anyways this guy helped her up and was like "You dont even wanna know what you just slipped in"
    Well don't leave us hanging ... did he get her number or not? LMAO
    03-19-09 11:04 AM
    Well don't leave us hanging ... did he get her number or not? LMAO
    lol probably not
    03-19-09 11:44 AM
    lol probably not
    BBM is the first step to a woman's heart.
    03-19-09 12:03 PM
    ahhh thank you!!! i will try all of those. it's not the actual leather that smells, it's the cloth inside. it's really gross lol but thanks for your help i appreciate it
    No worries. I will buy you a new one.
    03-19-09 12:12 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD