I dropped my phone in the toilet Sunday night. Let it dry overnight, popped the battery back in and it was working fine besides dialing a few miscellaneous numbers. It was working fine the entire day and then the escape key wouldn't work and I couldn't select any menu options. I took the battery out AGAIN and let it sit overnight. Popped it back in this morning and all was fine until this afternoon and once again my buttons were froze and I couldn't access certain menus. Once again I pulled the battery and let it sit for a few. I put it back in and the phone booted in safe mode and it wouldn't let me boot in regular mode nor could I get to the menu to open any apps. My coworker has a bb so I swapped batteries with her and my phone worked just fine. All of this to say; could it be my battery that's causing the trouble with my phone? Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 01:30 PM
    It very well could be the battery, however, I'm sure you know water and electronics don't mix. :/ I would imagine something in your phone has shorted out. I would imagine the damage is already done but you could try taking out the battery and putting the device in a tupperware filled with plain rice and let it sit in there for a day of so. The rice will absorb any of the left over moisture left in the phone. You could try buying another battery from here on crackberry if you think the issue is with the battery. But, I think the issue is with your device. Do you have insurance?
    06-08-10 01:40 PM
    I have insurance but I'm trying to avoid the $100 deductible. My sister washed hers and let it sit overnight and it recovered just fine. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

06-08-10 02:48 PM
    Yeah, it is such a pain - I know let it sit in rice over night and try another battery if you can. Post back and let us know what happens.

Hope it works for ya!

06-08-10 03:12 PM
    Putting it in rice for 2 days saved my 8330 a while back.
    06-08-10 03:21 PM
    Its been two days today so idk if the rice method will work. However I am going to try a new battery and see if I have any luck. I'll post back in a few days and let you know.

06-08-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD