I am trying watch some vid clips from the net in WMV, MP4 and AVI formats and it wont load. Any idea why and how I can watch them?
    08-18-09 09:17 AM
    I am trying watch some vid clips from the net in WMV, MP4 and AVI formats and it wont load. Any idea why and how I can watch them?
    If I understand you correctly, you download the videos from the net then upload them from your PC to your phone and you get the dreaded "Unsupported Format".

If that is the case you will need to convert the videos to a format that your Phone uses. There are a few video converters out there, but I use Any Video Converter, the Free Version. It will convert the MP4, AVI, and a few other formats to the format used by your Phone.

Here's a link to get the program. Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

If that is your problem, I hope this helps...
    08-18-09 09:25 AM
    No I was on my browser on my phone and trying to watch them.
    08-18-09 09:48 AM
    No I was on my browser on my phone and trying to watch them.
    Ok, then I am not for sure about that issue. I do know that you can not use Flash Items with the Curve, but as for the actual movies, I am not for sure on how those work.

Sorry for the previous post.
    08-18-09 09:57 AM
    its cool thanks for the help
    08-18-09 10:22 AM
    Why can you not use Flash items? I got a Curve 8330 yesterday and tried to watch Youtube but it did not work, said "unsupported file format"...

How lame is that? Can RIM not see that sites like Youtube are used every day by almost everyone?
    08-18-09 10:46 AM
    Why can you not use Flash items? I got a Curve 8330 yesterday and tried to watch Youtube but it did not work, said "unsupported file format"...

How lame is that? Can RIM not see that sites like Youtube are used every day by almost everyone?
    I have a curve and for some odd reason when I want to watch youtube videos directly I have to open the video multiple times for it to play and it won't even work at all if yu have anything less than 4.5 OS. However, if you download the youtube app from the OTA app list in CB it works everytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 11:18 AM

First off it's not RIM, you might want to check your facts before going off. Adobe created flash, they would need to either write a flash app for the BB or be involved with RIM in creating it. Also you CAN view youtube on the BB visit m.youtube.com
    08-18-09 11:19 AM
    I was not "going off"... chill out

I can't, I go to m.youtube.com and click to watch a video and I get the media player opening and saying "Error Playing, this media format not supported".

Hmm, it just played once when I went clicked back to click it again to see the error message again. Okay, out of the 10 times in the last 1.5 days I have tried to watch youtube it has played once, the rest of the time it has the error message.

Any ideas? Appreciate your time.
    08-18-09 11:38 AM
    This site converts many YouTube and other videos automatically to a format (3gp) that you can watch on your BB. I've used it for many videos.

Vuclip web video search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-18-09 at 12:22 PM.
    08-18-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD