Hi there I bought myself a new blackberry mobile phone 7 days ago and it got a reload software error 552 in it wich made the phone useless

I took the phone back from the store where i bought it and showed them expecting another phone right there on the spot

However they said that they needed to send it away to there dealer to confirm that it was in fact faulty (wich could take up to a week or more as it had to get sent to sydney not Brisbane )

Disapionted with there service i ran optus (wich is my mobile phone server ) and explained what had happend and they told me the same deal that it was unfortunate that this has happend to me however that was there policy and that they needed confirmation from a authorised shop to make sure that the phone was faulty and that I needed to wait

Well I was biterly disapionted and desided to jump on the internet and google my rights on this isue and found this website for Australian consumers Your consumer rights: refunds in there it states that all Australian consumers have the right for a refund if the product is faulty

So I rang up optus again and this time i demanded a new phone as I told them that it was Australian law that all consumers have the right to a refund if the product was faulty they said that they where willing to give me a new phone but had to wait for confirmation
    I then told AGAIN that I took the phone back to the shop where I got it from obviously the retailer himself couldnt opperate the phone so it must obviously be faulty and if they cant give me a new phone today I demanded that I wanted a refund by cancelling my contract
    well the opperator had to talk to his supervisor again however in less than 3 minutes of waiting got back to me and told me that there has been a misunderstanding and I could go to the store today and pick up my phone right now lol

So if your phone is less than 1 month old (even 3 months old you still have a rights if you are from Australia ) dont put up with having your phone sent away for a week or more demand a new phone as its your right

well im off got a phone to pick up
    Cheers Marty
    03-24-10 09:23 PM
    Interesting story, cell phone companies can be so difficult sometimes, congrats on standing up for ur rights+ur new bb!! Glad it all worked out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 09:43 PM
    Hi there I bought myself a new blackberry mobile phone 7 days ago and it got a reload software error 552 in it wich made the phone useless

I took the phone back from the store where i bought it and showed them expecting another phone right there on the spot

However they said that they needed to send it away to there dealer to confirm that it was in fact faulty (wich could take up to a week or more as it had to get sent to sydney not Brisbane )

Disapionted with there service i ran optus (wich is my mobile phone server ) and explained what had happend and they told me the same deal that it was unfortunate that this has happend to me however that was there policy and that they needed confirmation from a authorised shop to make sure that the phone was faulty and that I needed to wait

Well I was biterly disapionted and desided to jump on the internet and google my rights on this isue and found this website for Australian consumers Your consumer rights: refunds in there it states that all Australian consumers have the right for a refund if the product is faulty

So I rang up optus again and this time i demanded a new phone as I told them that it was Australian law that all consumers have the right to a refund if the product was faulty they said that they where willing to give me a new phone but had to wait for confirmation
    I then told AGAIN that I took the phone back to the shop where I got it from obviously the retailer himself couldnt opperate the phone so it must obviously be faulty and if they cant give me a new phone today I demanded that I wanted a refund by cancelling my contract
    well the opperator had to talk to his supervisor again however in less than 3 minutes of waiting got back to me and told me that there has been a misunderstanding and I could go to the store today and pick up my phone right now lol

So if your phone is less than 1 month old (even 3 months old you still have a rights if you are from Australia ) dont put up with having your phone sent away for a week or more demand a new phone as its your right

well im off got a phone to pick up
    Cheers Marty
    And in all the time you took to call and go to the shop and back, you could have simply reloaded the phone and been up and working.
    03-24-10 10:10 PM
    Sooo if my 8520 won't connect to ANY comp and I have done NO tweaks or anything than I should be able to get a replacement right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 12:08 AM
    Blackberry has a warranty period of one year - - -
    I've had to return 2 myself (first, 8320, now, one 8520, due to "reload software 552" bull$h!t and I cant begin to splain how Mad I really am!) and
    my daughter had at least 3 lemons (8320)!!!
    I am with T-Mobile, however, I believe it is a "blackberry" warranty,
    and not a T-Mobile! - - - so, go on, check er out!
    - South Carolina, USA
    ...peeps - this is exactly what I've said in other posts I've made recently b/c um soooo pissed about this bull, and seems most everyone else with their blackberrys are more than "complacent" ~ with a battery pull, or to "reboot", "reinstall o.s." - (more than once --- n o t m e!)
    No...
    Capital "N" - Capital "O" . . . not acceptable to put up with this crap!
    we, people, "need" to join together and stop "settling" for this b/s!!!!!
    start returning those defective duds!!! (especially if under warranty!)
    grrrrr this pisses me off!!!
    it is "not" acceptable - (considering the price paid for the bb phones! - if you don't agree, take a look at the "newer" 8520 . . . it's a piece of "plastic" and not made like the 8320 i traded in (they offered me the 8520 - as it was just appearing on the market, so i thought, why not - when i got it in my hands, wow, a piece of "junk" - couldnt believe it - so now that i am without a phone until they ship my replacement - i think i will forgo the same 8520 and pick up on something else -
    "it's under warranty" . . .wth?
    whats the word on the "pearl flip" ?
    comments, please ---
    anyone else???
    05-31-10 04:04 PM
    p.s. --- oh, ya --- and then (after trying to only email) contact rim - or blackberry, i realize they want "us" to "pay" for "support" --- o c'mon! pa-leeeese !!!!!
    05-31-10 04:07 PM
    Some phone companies really have no good service. I'm glad I'm with Sprint, they have a really good service. I've had a 9630 (from Sprint) and it wouldn't work, some type of error would pop-up when you turn on the phone. I took it to one of the Sprint store nearby and replaced it within matter of minutes. No waiting whatsoever.
    05-31-10 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD