And i'm just curious how ill go about activating it? I have a motorola slvr right now so will i be able to just get the phone and activate it online? Cause i know the storm uses a sim card unlinke most all verizon phones, but i don't know if the curve does.

Basically, if i buy the phone, i'm just wondering the steps that will need to be taken to get it to work.

Thanks! I look forward to joining the blackberry family!
    07-01-09 11:19 AM
    You can activate it online assuming the ESN is good. Also, the SIM is used just for GSM capabilities hence its called a "World Edition". Verizon uses CDMA but you can put a SIM in there and use other networks(you pay for that separately) with it. The Curve you are looking at does not use a SIM.
    07-01-09 11:33 AM
    I would first ask the seller to give you the ESN so you can call verizon and make sure the ESN is not blocked. Then you are all good.
    07-01-09 11:57 AM
    i would get the ESN number first and call verizon and have them check it to make sure that when you get the phone it wont give you any problems activating it
    07-01-09 12:35 PM
    Buying a BlackBerry from the secondary marketplace can be done safely, after doing some simple research.

Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ
    07-01-09 01:14 PM
    Once you're sure the ESN is clean, you can just call Verizon and set it up over the phone.

The Curve does not offer a sim card slot.

It's a wonderful phone! i love it! (and bought mine used as well.)
    07-01-09 01:30 PM
    Not sure if youve looked into this but your BIS plan is more expensive than other phones like the one you have but they tend to more more ALL inclusive. you probably know this just alittle F.Y.I. have a great day
    07-01-09 03:41 PM
    I assume you're with verizon?

I asked a Verizon store rep just yesterday about this because i'm planning on doing the same thing, and he said just call CS and check the ESN and make sure it's clean before you buy.

He also mentioned that if you are switching from a dumbphone that it would be better to let them switch it in store because they said they have lots of problems with their system tagging blackberry activations online with the BES by default instead of BIS, and lots of angry phone calls and aggravation involved. I asked him if it would cost me anything for them to do that and they said "NO, we'd just switch the phone for you and add the correct service to your account."
    07-01-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD