I have my phone shut off at 11PM and turn back on at 8AM. Thre are days, though, that I have to get up earlier. I have set these alrms through my calendar. (If I have a meeting at 8AM, it is posted on my calendar and I set that alarm to go off at 7AM). With the post os (I think 4.6), the phone would turn itself on earlier and the alarm would go off.

Now that I have upgraded to 5.0, the phone will not turn on until 8AM, and then the alarm goes off.

I really do not want to have to have the phone turn on earlier as all the emails coming in are loud and will wake me up before I really have to.

Is there a way to rememdy this?
    05-31-10 09:21 PM
    You could skip turning off your phone and go into "Bedside Mode" through the clock menu. It simply turns off rings, alerts, LED, keyboard backlight and dims screen. Then you can have only your alarm go off. Only downside is that the phone is still drawing power
    05-31-10 09:40 PM
    Interesting thought, but I'd have to manually do that and that is what I'm trying to avoid.
    06-01-10 06:43 AM
    Interesting thought, but I'd have to manually do that and that is what I'm trying to avoid.
    If you charge your phone at night, and set it to go into bedside mode when charging, you don't have to do anything other than set your alarms.

Go to Clock Options and under When Charging, have it Enter Bedside Mode, and you are all set.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 06-01-10 at 01:03 PM.
    06-01-10 12:48 PM
    Bedside is one of the greatest functions on a BB. I have to go into a custom profile when in bedside mode. The only noise it will make is when I get a phone call, being I always use vibrate during the day the only time it will make noise is when I get a call in the middle of the night. I also have it set to not go into bedside mode until 11pm at night, so when I plug it in during the day to give it a quick charge it doesn't go into bedside mode.

Add a charging dock to it and a bed side clock isn't needed, like I said bedside mode is one of my favorite functions of a BB.
    06-01-10 01:51 PM
    Ridesno159

How do you "set to not go into bedside mode until 11pm at night"? What you describe is exactly what I want it to do!!

Dan
    06-11-10 04:21 PM
    If you go into clock options, there is a selection for "When charging" that is when I tell it to go into bedside mode.
    06-11-10 04:31 PM
    I understand the when charging. I don't know how to keep it from going into bedside mode when charging until after 11pm. That's the part that I'm interested in.

TIA
    06-12-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD