Hi all,
    I recently got my curve and have 1 major issue (everything else is minor).

I have it set up through BIS to connect to my work zimbra account through IMAP4 (dont pay attention to the work or zimbra account - its all email server using IMAP and if you know IMAP, its two ways).

So, the behavior of emails when reading/deleting/etc. FROM Curve:
    * Instantaneous email notification - If I get an email sent to xxx@zimbra.com, it shows up instantaneously, even sometimes before my desktop client since my desktop client polls once a minute (refreshing desktop client shows new message as well). Note this bullet point is not a complaint since I read numerous threads where this is a primary issue.
    * When I read the email, it marks it read immediately on the server (tested this by manually repolling from desktop client to see update).
    * When I delete the email it deletes it immediately on the server (again, tested by refreshing my desktop client)

Behavior, of emails when reading/deleting/etc. FROM DESKTOP CLIENT:
    * When read, message is not marked as read on Curve. It will eventually but it takes long time from hours, to next day. I have read every conflicting speculative answer to this but I wanted to see why mine doesnt update on BB as frequently as others.
    * When I delete the email, it takes a long time, hours or next day, before the deletion takes effect on my Curve. Just like the first bullet point of desktop client behavior.

So, in a nutshell everything works fine - just when performing an action from the desktop client/browser, etc. takes hours to reconcile on my Curve...anyone have a solution to this?

TIA
    08-28-08 05:49 PM
    I have the same issues, except one more. When I read something on my BB, it doesn't mark as read on my Gmail account. I don't know if this is a limitation of Gmail, but it isn't working for me. My work e-mail works fine(Exchange OWA setup).
    08-28-08 05:54 PM
    are you using your GMail mapped on BIS or using the downloadable GMail APP?
    08-29-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD