can anyone provide info on how to add a language to my bb? i had UK English on my pearl but do not have it on my curve.
    10-03-08 09:05 PM
    1. You can't really make up your own abbreviation for Verizon And the "w" I'm not sure I get.

2. To change a language, go to "Options" and then "Language" and you can change between "English and English United States".

Just out of curiousty, what is the difference!? If I type "hello" does the spell checker tell me it's supposed to be "Cheerio"?!
    10-03-08 11:58 PM
    1. You can't really make up your own abbreviation for Verizon And the "w" I'm not sure I get.
    If you are referring to VZW, it stands for Verizon Wireless. I have seen it used before.
    10-04-08 12:04 AM
    If you are referring to VZW, it stands for Verizon Wireless. I have seen it used before.
    Now that you mention it, I guess I have seen it used before someplace. As usual, you are correct sir.
    10-04-08 12:10 AM
    Verizon uses the VZW abbreviation themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:56 AM
    Lol yeah like vzwpix.com, @vzw.blackberry.net
    10-04-08 09:52 AM

2. To change a language, go to "Options" and then "Language" and you can change between "English and English United States".

Just out of curiousty, what is the difference!? If I type "hello" does the spell checker tell me it's supposed to be "Cheerio"?!
    ok.. there are many differences with the english language as it pertains to US and UK. similar to how the US is the only place standard mathematics is used as opposed to the metric system. US english is only used in america. the rest of the world uses the original british standard. for instance color=us colour=uk

1. vzw is used by the company itself as an abbreviation most likely derived from the name on wall street being VZ to distinguish between the different parts of the verizon company.

2. "English" is not UK english on the vzw curve. it is "English US"

on the vzw pearl there is an option for english UK or english US. my question is how to add languages to my phone. i would like to have the ability to spell check in multiple languages.
    10-05-08 06:15 PM
    You could always check your carriers page for an "official" OS download that includes all of the available languages, and then you can delete the ones you might not want, one by one. I think you can get these from BlackBerry's site as well, but not 100% on that.

Hope this helps, since people seem to have lost the actual question you were asking, and instead giving you a hard time about VZW (I see this abbreviation all the time by the way).

10-05-08 07:03 PM
    I've been scared to switch languages in case I could not understand how to switch back....lol
    10-05-08 08:14 PM
    You could always check your carriers page for an "official" OS download that includes all of the available languages, and then you can delete the ones you might not want, one by one. I think you can get these from BlackBerry's site as well, but not 100% on that.

Hope this helps, since people seem to have lost the actual question you were asking, and instead giving you a hard time about VZW (I see this abbreviation all the time by the way).

thanks but there is where the problem resides. vzw official os for the 8330 only offers francais espanol and english(us)

10-07-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD