hi all,

so i went to verizon n tried the 8830 for a few weeks, signed myself up with the @vzw.blackberry.net email address. then i got the new 8330 curve and cant set up the same email addy cuz it said its already taken.

anyone know how i can get that back???
    05-19-08 12:28 AM
    Go into your BIS, login and change the device. That is what I had to do.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    05-19-08 12:48 AM
    i entered my pin to send my pw but its not working.

is it better to call the number to get it all sorted out?
    Last edited by Arey; 05-19-08 at 01:16 AM. Reason: rephrased question
    05-19-08 01:14 AM
    i entered my pin to send my pw but its not working.

is it better to call the number to get it all sorted out?
    I think they can delete it if you call in. You can request assistance or forget password on the BIS login.
    05-19-08 01:17 AM
    so my original email addy is still on the 8830?

i got into the site with my username and pw but it doesnt recognize my BB device email addy.
    05-19-08 01:26 AM
    hi all,

so i went to verizon n tried the 8830 for a few weeks, signed myself up with the @vzw.blackberry.net email address. then i got the new 8330 curve and cant set up the same email addy cuz it said its already taken.

anyone know how i can get that back???
    I'm having the same issue (and coincidentally, switched to/from the same models). I tried to change the device, like SK1 suggested, but nothing happened. I think this will need to be phoned into Verizon. I am going to do so tomorrow and I can let you know what the process was.
    05-19-08 01:26 AM
    I'm having the same issue (and coincidentally, switched to/from the same models). I tried to change the device, like SK1 suggested, but nothing happened. I think this will need to be phoned into Verizon. I am going to do so tomorrow and I can let you know what the process was.
    Did you resend the service books for the new device?
    05-19-08 11:08 AM
    When I switched I just used existing instead of new and had no issues :shrug:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 11:15 AM

i called vrz customer service and the lady was able to help me out. kudos to her!
    05-19-08 09:44 PM

i called vrz customer service and the lady was able to help me out. kudos to her!
    Cool beans. Glad it worked out. I'm doing the same thing.
    05-20-08 03:06 PM
    Did you resend the service books for the new device?
    I didn't. I am having Verizon do the switch for me. Aside from the email address switch, would there be any other reason to have the service books resent? I don't want to miss anything, even though I don't find I am (aside from the email). Thanks, in advance.
    05-20-08 03:08 PM
    Cool beans. Glad it worked out. I'm doing the same thing.
    Update: Verizon deleted the email address associated with the old PIN, and subsequently deleted the email address forever. It's non-retrievable/transferable. So, I just set up a new one. Bummer.

Lesson learned, apparently the Verizon tech is supposed to retrieve the info/make the transfer/do whatever they have to do PRIOR to deleting it from the old PIN. D'oh!
    05-20-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD