I'm running a BlackBerry Curve 8520. My first BB! Anyhow, how much of a danger is there in catching a web virus? I downloaded some things from Getjar that I later uninstalled. they didn't work all that well. Now, I'm wondering if there's a possibility of something poisoning my BB's OS?

Also, how do I clear web browsing content like images and visited pages?

BTW, I'm using Opera Mini, but would like to know how to do this for OM, Web2Go, and the other onboard browser.
    09-15-09 12:05 PM
    The likelihood of your having been infected with a BlackBerry virus is virtually nil. There have been no confirmed BlackBerry viruses to date. Of course, you can download a file infected with a PC virus and spread that virus to your PC if you copy the file. But a PC virus can't hurt your BlackBerry.

To clear your cache, in the Browser, press Menu / Options / Cache Operations. Then you can clear each cache as desired.
    09-15-09 12:10 PM
    The likelihood of your having been infected with a BlackBerry virus is virtually nil. There have been no confirmed BlackBerry viruses to date. Of course, you can download a file infected with a PC virus and spread that virus to your PC if you copy the file. But a PC virus can't hurt your BlackBerry.

To clear your cache, in the Browser, press Menu / Options / Cache Operations. Then you can clear each cache as desired.
    Thank you very much! I'm loving this device. I never understood the "Crackberry" label and addictiveness until I got one and started using it!

Simply amazing device!

Again, many thanks. I have more questions, but will first search the forums for answers.
    09-15-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD